I Can't find where to solder the broken wire on my Wireless Headphone

jayca

Joined May 14, 2018
hello everybody
I'm used to fix all sort of eletronics and simple stuff, but i got really puzzled by this Wireless Headphone i got my hands into...
it was just a simple "One ear off" problem, and when i opened it i saw that there was a broken wire, BUT i can't seem to find where it should be soldered!
i have looked it over many times and stiill haven't seen any clue to where it should be.
It is a generic model, BT made in china, and everything is ok, just the long side isnt working..,
link with close up photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sln2q45ijvpqt5q/AAAA2NFOFuRa1elj9in3qc6la?dl=0
H4lp!upperview.jpg

Last edited:

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Can't tell 100% from the blurry photo, but that zig-zag trace on the board looks like an antenna impedance matching feature.
I think it is the antenna.

Is there anything else in there that smells of "antenna"? If not, I would look elsewhere for your problem.

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
Thats the antenna I'd check the battery most time's these fell is because of battery or the battery charger circuit.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I will try to repair anything but I refuse to attempt to repair ear buds no matter the cost..
I swear there is a town of just tiny elf people with even smaller hands/fingers and midget soldering irons that do all the soldering/assembly of those miniature/fragile wires.. Such a PITA... I hate those wires with a passion..

cmrincon

Joined Oct 25, 2017
hi! like be80be suggested i would power the device with 5 volts and i would try to trace the phone output signal. if you connect the device to 5 volts and it works, you have either a battery or power regulator ic which doesnt work properly

jayca

Joined May 14, 2018
ok, i knew that this is linked to the antenna, but i wonder where the Other end of that red/cooper wire is suppoused to be soldered?
upperview.jpg