HT12D blinking problem

Oberemko

Joined Mar 18, 2024
Hello everybody! I have some almost finished project, made from scratch. It is a kind of powerful radiocontrolled motor. Now I received a big trouble in using HT12D. I re-made this IC to work from "Latch-mode" to "Momentary-mode" with the help of internet. But. The output of "VT-pin" acts very unstable when I am trying to use the high current (approximately 7 A) from separately situated 6 V battery, in order to drive my motor by means of "H-bridge relay circuit". And this output unstable even on short distances under load. On the other hand, if there is no load or little load on the relay module, everything works very and very fine, with nice distance through many walls and without any gaps in flow. "VT-pin" does not blinks like crazy in this case. Can you give any advices to eliminate such trouble? Excuses for broken English.

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

Without more information the first place I would look is to the motor. The problem could be due to noise caused by the brushes, or it could be due to the power supply failing to regulate the voltage under the large load.

If you can replace the motor with a similar load that isn’t inductive, such as a 6V filament lamp of about 36W, that would help determine if the problem is power supply related.

Oberemko

Joined Mar 18, 2024
Welcome to AAC.

Without more information the first place I would look is to the motor. The problem could be due to noise caused by the brushes, or it could be due to the power supply failing to regulate the voltage under the large load.

If you can replace the motor with a similar load that isn’t inductive, such as a 6V filament lamp of about 36W, that would help determine if the problem is power supply related.
Hi, Ya’akov! Thanks for fast responce!
It sounds a good idea, to test whole system on active load, instead of inductive. I will make an experiment soon. And try to draw my current circuit.
About the noises of brushes -- they should be eliminated, cause I installed snubber circuit and 10V two-way supressor near the motor. And power lines, which are being commutated by two relays, are galvanically decoupled. Too bad, I do not have an access to oscilloscope for now.