How's the weather?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The rear sway bar mounting bracket disintegrated.:mad:
After trying to get it loose all day, I finally destroyed it with an air chisel.
Took me 2 days to fabricate a new one with only what I had laying around the shop.:cool:
Wish I had some 3/16th steel plate in stock.:(
Three days doing shock absorbers and sway bars...and I'm not done yet?:confused:

Hot enough to sweat tomorrow, but the rain has stopped for a few days.
If nothing else turns to ca-ca, I can finish it in one more day.:)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Cold, with snow in the air...

Went scuba diving, after all, I am a Viking! :D

Thermometer showed 1°C in the water, 3° in the air.
And obliviously insane . :p

Did you use a dry suit?

Colder in the water than in the air? That is unusual.

The coldest I have been was in the 40sF (4,4 c to 10C) but with a wet suit. It was a weekend thing, camped out in my car. Left the wet suit out at night. The next morning it was frozen solid. I had to put it by the fire to thaw so I could get into it for the morning dive.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Did you use a dry suit?

Colder in the water than in the air?
Yes, I dive in a dry suit in fall, winter and spring. Summertime I go for a semi-dry.

When I woke up, the sun was shining and the weather was nice. Last week we had up to 10-12°C at midday, and it dropped below zero at night. Not the usual February weather.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Spinnaker & Gopher, yeah, night before last was hanging out in my neighbors yard. Had a fire in the fire pit and enjoying a few beers. Yeah, yesterday was real sweet, it made 75 here and nice riding weather be it motorcycle or bicycle. Today? Not so good. Been little ice balls falling on and off all day and it is cold and windy. Actually 36 and light snow unlike 75 and sunshine 24 hours ago.

Gopher, that is one sweet motorcycle, Spinnaker, nice bicycle.

Ron

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
interesting to hear about the weather. This year is first real winter that I have see on west coast BC. Fairly cold and lots of snow. On the plus side, there has been a lot of sunshine as opposed to 8 month of rain. I think we are not used to it as people are starting to act strange... my skin has never been so dry since I moved to the coast. Wonder if this is a permanent change... water levels will be affected a lot come summer...

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Still beautiful here in Florida. 67F to 75F all day. Sunny and dry for months on end. No need to mow the grass because it doesn't grow in the winter. Lovely time to be outside. Great weather to do the winter chores. Family wants to see me today.
Life is good.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Still beautiful here in Florida. 67F to 75F all day. Sunny and dry for months on end. No need to mow the grass because it doesn't grow in the winter. Lovely time to be outside. Great weather to do the winter chores. Family wants to see me today.
Life is good.

Wait till August. Will you be bragging then? :p

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Funny, after all of the snow photos I have shared, we broke the record for the warmest day in February. After shoveling out from 18" of snow, it was 72-75 in Boston.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Life is good.
Was down to Ft. Lauderdale late January and early February and it was real nice. Went to the Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale but made it a point to get down there several days early. I could handle the Florida winters but like Spinaker mentioned, you can have the place in August. :) At least the sun is making an appearance today in the mid 30s and afew dats ago mid 70s so go figure.

Ron