How to wire the ends of an LED strip

zaknakooda

Joined Jan 5, 2022
Good day all. Just purchased 4 LED strips to go under kitchen cabinets. The LED strips come in a plastic case and at each end of each strip there is a connector. The connector is the type that you find in RC cars. I want to connect each strip to each other and connect it to a plug that will plug into the electric socket. What should I do with the end of the first strip which has positive and negative wires at the end. I will attach a pic. Really appreciate it. Thanks.

Attachments

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
You need a power supply for it, probably 12V. The site where you bought them ought to have the requirements for it and likely even sells them.

Bob

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
If you buy the correct power supply it should just plug in.

If you don’t have one with the matching plug, remove the one from the end of the last strip and wire it into the power supply.

Can you provide a link to the strips you bought?

Bob

zaknakooda

Joined Jan 5, 2022
Ok. That sounds fairly easy. I will plug the end into the power supply. I had purchased it from a retail store and the employees had very little knowledge of the product. Thanks for your help. It's good to know there are people out there to help beginners such as ourselves. Take care