How to wire One push button switch to open/close 2 motors with no limit switches

I have QTP Exhaust cutouts but need help to open&close the motors with one switch.

• Assistance with auto electric problem solving.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Correct auto switches..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Below is the LTspice simulation of a circuit using two comparators in a single LM339 or LM393 package to generate the >6s turn-on time for the motors.
The relays provide the bridge circuit to actuate the motor in either direction.
SW1 triggers the motors in one direction and SW2 triggers them in the other.
The diodes are suppressors to prevent transient voltage damage to the relay contacts and transistors.
You could build everything on a vector board.

upload_2018-1-17_21-11-13.png

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I’d love to be that young kid again because I’ve burned a few fingers in the 60’s and 70’s.
As would I, what I said wasn't meant really as much toward you as it was the young guy's driving all of this electronic stuff into cars today. When I was younger, now 70, in my teens and beyond I was the guy that could weld and had access to torches and a welder. made many cutouts for my buddy's , both with screw on pipe caps and block off plates.

Still to this day messing with cars and bikes.

boogymani69

Joined Jan 13, 2018
As would I, what I said wasn't meant really as much toward you as it was the young guy's driving all of this electronic stuff into cars today. When I was younger, now 70, in my teens and beyond I was the guy that could weld and had access to torches and a welder. made many cutouts for my buddy's , both with screw on pipe caps and block off plates.

Still to this day messing with cars and bikes.
Yes those were the days!! Like you I’m still messing with cars and I presently have three completed show cars , custom 1950 Chevy 5 window pickup, restored 1968 fastback Mustang, 1969 Mach 1, And presently restomoding my other 69 Mach 1..but this will be my last Musclecar I want to just sit back and enjoy my retirement

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I have 3 old harley's I don't ride anymore two built from basket cases, really got them in cardboard boxes. All three are customized to my way of thinking. Have a 53 Chevy project, chopped the top and put a 72 Camaro front clip in it, and used the rear window with the chop. Also have an on going project of a 37 ford truck Heidts front end and T Bird independent rear, pretty much built the frame from scratch.

Retirement isn't quite what I was expecting it to be, used to have money and no time now have time and no money. Plus two strokes kind of held me up for a while.

boogymani69

Joined Jan 13, 2018
I have 3 old harley's I don't ride anymore two built from basket cases, really got them in cardboard boxes. All three are customized to my way of thinking. Have a 53 Chevy project, chopped the top and put a 72 Camaro front clip in it, and used the rear window with the chop. Also have an on going project of a 37 ford truck Heidts front end and T Bird independent rear, pretty much built the frame from scratch.

Retirement isn't quite what I was expecting it to be, used to have money and no time now have time and no money. Plus two strokes kind of held me up for a while.

It sure sounds like you’ve done some nice vehicles with a lot of work. Most people can’t comprehend the difficulty involved in restoring,rebuilding,and just finding parts for these 50+ year old vehicles. I really applaud you for putting these vehicles back on the road for us all to admire for another fifty years. My present 69 Mustang Mach1 has a TCI front and rear racing suspension, Ford Coyote-racing motor, converted 2012 mustang interior,and too many others mods to mention. Over the years I’ve loved the new skills learned involved to all the aspects of rebuilding my vehicles plus it keeps you going after your retirement. I’ve been lucky enough with my career to have the funds to finance my six figured projects.
After reading and viewing Crutschow’s diagram I’m excited about seeing if my friend and I can put together a working model to get these exhaust cutouts working!