How to test TDA7379 audio power amp

neospam

Joined Jan 13, 2020
I tested a Zener diode by the power supply, removed from circuit. Let me know if this right and if the diode is good.
1st test.
Tested with dvm on diode checker, on forward bias .775, reverse no continuity. I accidently tested this w/o a resistor in series with the tester to protect it. Intent was to use a 220 ohm resistor in series. Got .775 and nothing.
2nd
same different dvm with 220 ohm in series. .911 forward bias and nothing reversed.
3rd test
I do not have dc power supply yet. Used a 9v, diode acted like it wanted more, used 2 in series 18v. In reverse bias 12.35vdc and it would start climbing slowly, must be cap in it? In forward bias I got .885vdc This was also done with a 220 ohm resistor in series to pwd.

Below is a pict of the circuit I been working on. Zener diode missing on the left side, need to put back in.

Theres a PWR area, to left mid TDA I think that for higher pwr out? There's the 2 smaller amp on right with two similar ciruts for amplification before TDA? Then you have the 2 IC chips middle, not sure what they are doing. something with pwr?20200205_180542.jpg