How to Shave a Man's Leg

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I thought you guys might get a kick out of this.
I was out metal detecting on Sunday at a junior high here in town. I found this strange little USB drive (anyone ever see one like it?). When I got home, I plugged it into my computer (probably stupid, but I couldn't resist). On it was one Powerpoint file: Speech.ppt.

I opened it, and found details on how to shave a man's leg! No foolin'!
It is 7 pages long, mostly of pictures. Nothing salacious, thank goodness.
Here is a quote from the presentation:
Quote: “The only men who shave their legs are bikers.. And mental patients."
-Kyle Hill
Attached is the picture from the last page of the presentation.

Attachments

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Yeah, I was thinking that maybe it was lost by a teacher (PE?) who was taking a college class that required him/her to make a speech. Funny though, that I found it in the shade of some trees, near a "picnic" table. I think teachers usually eat in the teacher's lounge, or go off campus for lunch. Maybe some kid stole it, and then lost it. Maybe a kid brought it from home. Who knows?

EDIT: I also found an Ipod Shuffle, two Presidential dollar coins, 11 quarters, 45 dimes (including one silver), 3 nickels, 28 pennies, 4 rings (3 of them silver), and a locket. A record day for me.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
They may have let the whole swim/track team copy it. I know if you asked me to shave my leggs at 15 I would have been clueless and had my gf do it. But we live in a different time where guys are shaving their entire bodies just for sport?!?! Which I just don't get. Occasionally I'll have someone shave my left shoulder/back just a bit if the hairs rub against a shirt or clothing and feels weird. Other then that I'm a Black Magic or Nair man!

Also good finds ron! I wanna get into metal detectors since I have so much beach area around me. What entry to prosumer level detector would you reccomend for me here in FL? I'd pretty much be going after beach stuff, and possible Civil war/ Indian stuff in the woods. I would love to try to find astroids or meteors but I think since FL is so sandy they would sink in 100 years.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I 've considered shaving my legs in the past. I gave up when I couldn't draw a line where I should stop shaving. If I kept shaving hair I would reach my scalp.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
See I'd have a problem with hair art. Why not a lightning bolt above mini-maxpower012? Or an exact to scale replica of Daytona race track on my back hair! Oh the possibilites. And loosies not even here to take us to school.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
They may have let the whole swim/track team copy it. I know if you asked me to shave my leggs at 15 I would have been clueless and had my gf do it. But we live in a different time where guys are shaving their entire bodies just for sport?!?! Which I just don't get. Occasionally I'll have someone shave my left shoulder/back just a bit if the hairs rub against a shirt or clothing and feels weird. Other then that I'm a Black Magic or Nair man!

Also good finds ron! I wanna get into metal detectors since I have so much beach area around me. What entry to prosumer level detector would you reccomend for me here in FL? I'd pretty much be going after beach stuff, and possible Civil war/ Indian stuff in the woods. I would love to try to find astroids or meteors but I think since FL is so sandy they would sink in 100 years.
Regarding the cost: You pretty much get what you pay for. Top of the line costs well over $1000. I have a Minelab Explorer SE, which was about $1200 when I bought it 3 or 4 years ago.
I have seen reports on MD forums of a lot of nice finds with the Garrett Ace 250, which I believe you can get for a little over $200. I think that the main price mover is depth capability. I have found a dime at 8 or 9 inches. You might only get 5 or 6 inches with a $200 unit, but I really don't know that for certain.
I have found that depth is most important when hunting silver (think old) coins in lawns, such as at schools and parks. In my experience, coins "sink" in grass much faster than in dry areas with little vegetation. I have found early 1900 coins at 8" in parks, and mid-1800s coins at an inch or 2 out in the desert.
Wow - I didn't intend this to be a dissertation. Be careful what you ask me.:rolleyes:

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
After careful inspection his tan lines look like a bicyclist.
You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes for that one. :)

He's tall, larger than normal vastus muscles (quads) recent tan on top of legs and top of forearms and a sharp tan line indicating tight fitting elastic shorts (lycra bike pants) and of course the biggest point... He's shaving his damn legs!! Who does that? :eek:

There's a good chance he lost his lightweight USB thumb drive when cycling, so was it found next to a public road, walkway or cycleway? ;)

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005

He's tall, larger than normal vastus muscles (quads) recent tan on top of legs and top of forearms and a sharp tan line indicating tight fitting elastic shorts (lycra bike pants) and of course the biggest point... He's shaving his damn legs!! Who does that? :eek:

There's a good chance he lost his lightweight USB thumb drive when cycling, so was it found next to a public road, walkway or cycleway? ;)
And then lost again by some kid? That is a likely scenario.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009

Damn RB you sure know your teenage boys. :)

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Who said it was a teenage boy? :eek: I worry about you.

From the look of his hands in that photo I would have said late 20's as an age estimate.

osx-addict

Joined Feb 9, 2012
I've got an older Minelab explorer (not sure if it's an SE) -- mine is about 10+ years old.. Works fine.. Keep meaning to take the kids down to the beach to see what we can find..

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
From the title of the ppt, I would say it belonged to a student who had to make a "how to" speech for a class. The student could be the guy in the photo, or maybe the guy in the photo's girl/boy friend.

Oh, and I found a 2gb SD card on a path in a park freqented by young lovers. When I first opened it, I saw that it contained a bunch of jpg's, so I immediately thought the worst, but the photos were attempts at capturing a lunar eclipse. I deleted them, and am still using the SD card.

Last edited:

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
From the title of the ppt, I would say it belonged to a student who had to make a "how to" speech for a class. The student could be the guy in the photo, or maybe the guy in the photo's girl/boy friend.
My thoughts exactly. I had to make one of those speeches in speech class when I was in college.

Oh, and I found a 2gb SD card on a path in a park freqented by young lovers. When I first opened it, I saw that it contained a bunch of jpg's, so I immediately thought the worst, but the photos were attempts at capturing a lunar eclipse. I deleted them, and am still using the SD card.
I thought about using this one, but it got pretty hot after a few minutes, so I changed my mind.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I picked up a laptop someone discarded for recycling. HD and OS completely intact. The system was sluggish. Contained photos, emails, meeting notes, practically the whole life story of someone easily identifiable.
Reformatted the HD. Works great now.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Yeah it's sad when people are that naive. I bought a cheap second hand office computer back in the dos days, the last owner had "erased" everything.

One run of norton undelete and it had every personal letter, photo, email etc they ever had...

The next action it got was a full reformat and some virus testing just to be sure... ;)