Hello everyone!
I am designing a PWM based motor controller circuit for a Treadmill motor (180VDC, 2.5HP). I have selected PWM frequency to be 5kHz. I have ended up blowing the MOSFET every time. I have added an RC series combination across the motor terminals which improved the MTBF of the MOSFET a bit. However, I doubt that the frequency is very high and the MOSFET is excessively heating and burns off.
I have searched over the internet to find the PWM frequency range of commercial treadmill controllers without success. If anyone out of their experience can provide me with their feedback, it would be a great favor for me.
I look forwards for your precious feedback. Furthermore, if you can suggest any other probable reason for the fault, please inform me.
Thanks.
I am designing a PWM based motor controller circuit for a Treadmill motor (180VDC, 2.5HP). I have selected PWM frequency to be 5kHz. I have ended up blowing the MOSFET every time. I have added an RC series combination across the motor terminals which improved the MTBF of the MOSFET a bit. However, I doubt that the frequency is very high and the MOSFET is excessively heating and burns off.
I have searched over the internet to find the PWM frequency range of commercial treadmill controllers without success. If anyone out of their experience can provide me with their feedback, it would be a great favor for me.
I look forwards for your precious feedback. Furthermore, if you can suggest any other probable reason for the fault, please inform me.
Thanks.