How to prepare for THIS?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Fine, then let's count the whole state!

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/tncrime.htm

Year #Murders
2010 357 (less than one per day in the entire state)
1974 555 (the highest count from 1960 on, less than two per day)

You are claiming that there are over 3600 murders a year in Memphis alone.
The city of Memphis and not the ghetto around it and in miss and
Ark had 147 homocides in 2011. With about 20% being unreported or missing persons so you could say that numbers around 200 a year without 50% of the city being counted.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The city of Memphis and not the ghetto around it and in miss and
Ark had 147 homocides in 2011. With about 20% being unreported or missing persons so you could say that numbers around 200 a year without 50% of the city being counted.
So 147 + 20% = 176 and 176 * 2 = 353.

That's just under 1/day and that's using YOUR numbers at face value. Are you now willing to admit that claiming 10 per day is more than just a slight exaggeration, or will the new excuse be that the "ghettos" around have a higher rate than the portion that the 147 number came from? Never mind that the rest would have to have a rate 20x as high to reach your claim.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
1. What's the need for machine guns and assualt rifles?
What's the need for luxury cars? Shouldn't everyone drive a "economy car"
What's the need for alcohol? It causes thousands of deaths each year, and yet when someone that's intoxicated kills somebody they go after the person, not the beer company. Why is that? Let's see you defend yourself with a Miller-Lite.
All houses should be painted white! We don't need all those color pigments poisoining our planet!!

Do you see where this is going, people that do not want certain things for themselves think the rest of the world shouldn't have them either.

Rant off :D

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
So 147 + 20% = 176 and 176 * 2 = 353.

That's just under 1/day and that's using YOUR numbers at face value. Are you now willing to admit that claiming 10 per day is more than just a slight exaggeration, or will the new excuse be that the "ghettos" around have a higher rate than the portion that the 147 number came from? Never mind that the rest would have to have a rate 20x as high to reach your claim.
This happened while I was there so yes Memphis is so bad it can easily hit those numbers because of the way the city is layed out into 3 different states and 10-15 cities.
http://memphis.about.com/od/historyandfacts/a/The-Lester-Street-Murders.htm

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
How does one city encompass 10-15 cities?

I live in DFW area ... and there are a number of cities that make up that area. Each city is it's own government and own police force in addition to the county-wide police forces. With each additional entity added, the rates could spiral downwards.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
How does one city encompass 10-15 cities?

I live in DFW area ... and there are a number of cities that make up that area. Each city is it's own government and own police force in addition to the county-wide police forces. With each additional entity added, the rates could spiral downwards.
Eactly but anyone who's ever watched cops you know DFW are the same city and you should never set foot there. Always wondered why DFW accounted for 50% of cops programming?
Here in Tampa Bay we have
Tampa
St Petersburg
Largo
Clearwater
Ruskin
Apollo Beach
Ybor City
Brandon
Valrico
Holliday
Tarpon Springs,
New Port Richey
Port Richey
Lakeland
Temple Terrace
and probably a couple more. None of these cities is more then 20 miles away from downtown tampa, yet theyall have their own FD, PD, zipcodes, etc...And if you mail them you will need to enter Tarpon Springs, FL 336XX, or Trinity FL 336XX

Its weird its like the NE. Where you'll drive thru 20 towns and 2 states and not see any empy lots or non populated area's. Same here in FL. You can get on say 19. And drive 6 hours without seeing a patch of green grass.

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Cops was more in Dallas with DPD officers.

My son, a DPD officer, was shocked when his mom and I told him of some of the places we played pool on Sunday afternoon when we were in this one pool league. I told him I guess there's a better group of people out on Sunday afternoon than Saturday night.

Same way with the dart league.

I found a pool league closer to home and rarely, except for VA appointments, visit Dallas.

Back to the topic ... if you included all those areas' murders and population, you probably won't get a rate of 10 per day.

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
This happened while I was there so yes Memphis is so bad it can easily hit those numbers because of the way the city is layed out into 3 different states and 10-15 cities.
http://memphis.about.com/od/historyandfacts/a/The-Lester-Street-Murders.htm
So last time you claimed 20% went unreported. Now you are claiming that roughly 90% go unreported (and that's if all of the unreported murders in the entire state happen in the Memphis area). Well, maybe there's really 100 murders a day and 99 of them are unreported.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
So last time you claimed 20% went unreported. Now you are claiming that roughly 90% go unreported (and that's if all of the unreported murders in the entire state happen in the Memphis area). Well, maybe there's really 100 murders a day and 99 of them are unreported.
You lost me a while back,, :)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You missed Seminole, Pass-a-grille, Bellaire Beach and all the others that end in "beach, like St. Pete Beach, Madeira Beach, etc.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
West coast of Florida, you ninny.
Try to be happy that I'm not getting involved in how many ppl got shot in which city.
I'm gonna go mow the lawn now.
Be back in .9 heatstrokes.

Edit: Make that .9 heatstrokes and a shower :D

Last edited:

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I used to go to Holmes Beach in Bradenton. That's just across Tampa Bay, but I never saw anyone killed there. Now, on Siesta Key, there were some girls with looks that could kill.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
You missed Seminole, Pass-a-grille, Bellaire Beach and all the others that end in "beach, like St. Pete Beach, Madeira Beach, etc.
These are neighborhoods not actually designated as cities or townships. Basic rule is if they have thier own police cars.