How to prepare for THIS?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
But terrorism nearly always works - it creates terror and fear amongst the population.

Our way of life has been changed by terrorism for decades in the UK, and the world for many years.
So? That only matters if the goal and purpose of the terrorists was to create fear and change the way of life of their enemies. But is that their aim? No (or at least it's highly unlikely). Terror is a means to a larger end and their goal is for that fear and panic to result in the political objectives they seek, be it the overthrow of a government or the Western countries getting out of the Middle East or whatever. Having an effect and 'working' are completely different things.

It would be like the Intense Disciples for an Idependent Opium Trade deciding that by bombing all the cookie factories of their enemy that the children will rise up and demand that the adults cave in and stop interferring with the opium trade. Let's say that are completely successful at eliminating every cookie factory. So what? Unless that results in them getting their unrestricted opium trade, the terror campaign was unsuccessful, regardless of whatever other effects it may have had.

There was a survey (which I will try to find) which suggested that the majority of Americans believed that terrorism would be solved when Bin Laden was captured or killed (let's assume that in this case we are talking about islamism).
I would want to examine such a survey very carefully. While there were certainly some people that naive, I have a hard time believing it approached anything close to a majority.

In 'conventional warfare', if the leader of the country/armed forces was captured/killed, then yes the battle would be all but over.
I don't think that is the general case. There have been numerous times throughout history when the leaders of the victorious side did not survive the battle, much less the war.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Don't quite get your rant but I do know info about the opium trade. Right now our pharmacuitical companies pay $16 a gram for raw opium produced here in the US or usually in Asia. Most of the opium produced in the Middle east is bound for EU and E. EU for production into heroine. The guys buying it for heroine are paying $1-$2 a gram, why are we paying $16 a gram? Seems like we could kill 2 birds with one stone buy just buying thier opium and using it for our meds. All the baby boomers need more medication each year so its win win.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Don't quite get your rant but I do know info about the opium trade. Right now our pharmacuitical companies pay $16 a gram for raw opium produced here in the US or usually in Asia. Most of the opium produced in the Middle east is bound for EU and E. EU for production into heroine. The guys buying it for heroine are paying $1-$2 a gram, why are we paying $16 a gram? Seems like we could kill 2 birds with one stone buy just buying thier opium and using it for our meds. All the baby boomers need more medication each year so its win win.
W...T...F... does that have to do with the discussion? Holy crap man, you come out of nowhere with drug stuff all the time :p. I'm actually having myself a good chuckle right now. I wish I was on whatever you're on.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Oh come on! Clearly the example was trying to make a pretty specific point and it had nothing to do with the opium trade. Hint -- what is the acronym for this fictional group?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Or the Whiskey Traders Force!

I was responding to Max, but didn't quote it and you snuck your post in between the two.

(I wonder what post sneeks in between these two?)

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
you could only be talking about the World Trade Federation.
Reminds me of a friend coming home from 'Nam. He got a tatoo while he was over there, FTW. When his Granny saw it she said" I know exactly what that stands for young man" . Steve figured he was done for..She said "Fast Tough Wild."..Everybody resumed breathing...

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Oh come on! Clearly the example was trying to make a pretty specific point and it had nothing to do with the opium trade. Hint -- what is the acronym for this fictional group?
Thats why I didn't get your rant? I clearly said in the first line I had no idea WTF that was about. I can on contribute what I know...or read on the internet. I honestly did a WTF when I read that post. You kept talking about the opium trade and terrorism, (Which is how terrorist in the ME fund their war) Then blowing up cookie factories. I really sure what you were trying to say. All I knew is if you were talking about the terroist and the opium trade I could give you some insight as to the problem with the opium trade and its terrorist funding.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I also think you guys are just envious me and strantor can get in our banana hammocks and go party with strippers all night and show up for work the next morn fresh as a spring daisy, at least thats what she said her name was. :)

On a more serious note I know lots about this because I've had to give speeches to TN congress on medication non compliance and had to learn the whole industry. One device we made and sold we had a huge problem with junkies breaking into the dispensors and stealing their mothers meds. Then we'd get our dispensors returned and they'd be jacked open with a hammer and a screw driver or cut the distribution belts. So we bacame experts really quit.

Oh and I'm working with a pharm company to catalog and redo their database so I get to see drugs all day and their scientific data. Weeeee fun.

Last edited: