How to measure piezo impedance ..#2

Amit_pan

Joined Dec 9, 2021
There are very many different types of piezo devices. Depending on what it is, it could resonate from a few Hz to many MHz. Can you give us any information about it? Without that I can't offer any helpful suggestions.
Regards,
Keith
Yes my resonance frequency is 4 MHZ & I give 90 v dc square wave to TX & receive through water

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Yes my resonance frequency is 4 MHZ & I give 90 v dc square wave to TX & receive through water
If its resonant frequency is 4MHz, why are you trying to find its resonance with a 4 to 40 KHZ signal?
What are you planning on using it for; communications or imaging?

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Impedance ought be function of work load, means power. Thus, may calculate the power needed to excite the given amplitude in given viscousity liquid. If somehow tu acknow how many volts are giving the demanded amplitutude, then wattage will give out amperage and it , consequently, the Ohms. Other, seems wiser, method - just set the demanded power and measure volts and amperes in environment of target. However, measuring it wirh diminished power means less loss, and it may be racalced to the higher power impedance only in the case when loss are linear to power. Viscous media it shouldnt be, however - under the cavitation probably some linearity still may exist.