How to make LDR working identically?

Shubhankar

Joined Jun 30, 2016
Hello there,
I am making dimmer using my Arduino Board for my home. I am using LDR for dimming the light. But I am facing one problem that all LDR's are not working identically. I found that every time I am getting different value on same intensity of light using different LDR's. So how can I achieve this?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hello there,
I am making dimmer using my Arduino Board for my home. I am using LDR for dimming the light. But I am facing one problem that all LDR's are not working identically. I found that every time I am getting different value on same intensity of light using different LDR's. So how can I achieve this?
Any minor change in outdoor light coming into a window will cause a different ADC value. Even reflections of where you are standing relative to lamps and the various reflections in the room - there is lots of possible differences on a minute by minute basis.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Any minor change in outdoor light coming into a window will cause a different ADC value. Even reflections of where you are standing relative to lamps and the various reflections in the room - there is lots of possible differences on a minute by minute basis.
You're thinking on a micro scale. I have a drawer full of CdS sensors, and they are so dissimilar that I have to choose which range I want to work in before I start designing. Less than 1k, several k, dozens of k ohms at twilight levels. This range would look problematic to a software program. As an analog designer, I cope with this in hardware. Find the right range, slow down (integrate) the output to discard small interference factors, go to logic section.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
You're thinking on a micro scale. I have a drawer full of CdS sensors, and they are so dissimilar that I have to choose which range I want to work in before I start designing. Less than 1k, several k, dozens of k ohms at twilight levels. This range would look problematic to a software program. As an analog designer, I cope with this in hardware. Find the right range, slow down (integrate) the output to discard small interference factors, go to logic section.
I just wanted the OP to understand the variabilities within his room with on LDR before tries to match a second to it - what ever his methodology might be or what ever his expectation for his design.