Hello Everyone
I need some guideline in designing circuit powered by 9V battery so that it can last longer. I am using PIC Micro controller and four LEDs for indication. I have interfaced sensor, such that when user places object on it, the MCU powers the LED based on program written. The job of placement continues till the user wants to. My 9V battery has capacity of 400mAh and total current consumption of my circuit is 150mA when all of LEDs are in ON state.
In order to save energy I can go to sleep mode of micro controller after some time of inactivity. What are the other things are required just like Sleep Mode or Auto Power OFF to use for making it power saving as well?
Second, I am using Low Drop Out Voltage Regulator to power a circuit with regulated output of 5V, will this effect as the voltage regulator will also have power dissipation when regulating 5V from 9V?
I need some guideline in designing circuit powered by 9V battery so that it can last longer. I am using PIC Micro controller and four LEDs for indication. I have interfaced sensor, such that when user places object on it, the MCU powers the LED based on program written. The job of placement continues till the user wants to. My 9V battery has capacity of 400mAh and total current consumption of my circuit is 150mA when all of LEDs are in ON state.
In order to save energy I can go to sleep mode of micro controller after some time of inactivity. What are the other things are required just like Sleep Mode or Auto Power OFF to use for making it power saving as well?
Second, I am using Low Drop Out Voltage Regulator to power a circuit with regulated output of 5V, will this effect as the voltage regulator will also have power dissipation when regulating 5V from 9V?