How to hack a Chrokee power supply

Tomsmachine

Joined Jun 17, 2017
I have a DPS1200 PS. I want to use it as a stand alone PS for an Injuction heater. I have the callout for each of the 24 pins, but no idea how to connect them to output the desired 48V. No luck with searches so far. I have not found a schematic for anything close to this unit.

Looking for some help.

Tomsmachine

Joined Jun 17, 2017
View attachment 129144
Can you get 48V out of them?
It looks like just 12V to me, or am I missing something?
The 48V outputs are easy p1, p2, There are 24 pins which are called: 48V load share bus, 12v standby output, 12v standby return,power enable input, power supply present, fan control signal, power alert to system, power ok output, ac ok output,supply fast shutdown, failure signal, predictive failure, clock signal, ac operating range, data signal, address bit 0, 1, 2, fan power input pin, fan control signal.

The 12V output and Returns pins seem clear enough, The fans come on when jumped from power enable input to the 12V pin, output at the 48V pins is a 0.8V as soon as the unit is plugged in.

The system seems to want a connection to a computer, but which pins? The must be an industry standard for these hot swap power supply, I just can't find it.

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
I think your looking for the Output in Port D3. D1 is 12v d2 is Return and D3 is 48LS SO I am not 100% sure really However that would be for 48 LS aka 48 Load Share.

D1, C1 and B1 are all 12v Standby power.

Tomsmachine

Joined Jun 17, 2017
Thanks to all who posted, each gave me some insight as to how the PS works. The one thing that tipped the solultion was the short pin statement.
There was one short pin and it was for the PS Fast Kill, sending that to return completed the jumps, and gave me 48V.

So here is the fix I used.
D1 12V, D2 12V Return
B3, PSON Jump to return
B4 PSKILL jump to return
A3 PRESENT Jump to 12V with 22K resistor

Ive not yet checked amperage, Next step to wire up and load test.