How to get this power electronics book

Exjay

Joined Nov 19, 2015
Hello everyone here. Someone mentioned in a post that power electronics demystified is a book start for beginners in power electronics.
How can I download this book? Link would be helpful?
I have checked course hero but they demand too much

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Power Electronics Demystified? Doesn't seem to exist...
1629927623973.png
If you are looking for Electronics Demystified by Stan Gablisco, there are many better authors than him but his books are everywhere (probably because nobody wants them).

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If you just "Google" the title you might discover otherwise. I agree that it might actually be a steaming pile.
I don't mind telling you what I have observed, but I'm not going to do anything further that you should be able to do yourself.

Exjay

Joined Nov 19, 2015
It exists but on coursehero. I have also googled it but the results were on other demystified series

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Under what folder
I can't give you more information without actually giving you the link or uploading the actual file, both of which would violate forum policies. Telling you that such a link exists means that you are on your own to find it and make whatever use you can from it. If you are unable to do that then I am sorry, but I cannot be of any further assistance. Here is a screen clip from Gibilisco, Stan, Power Electronics Demystified, McGrawHill, New York, 2005, p. 201(p.185) and you can tell that this is not an actual pdf of the book but a scanned image. I infer this from the distortion of the characters on the line that begins "expected, then the smallest difference a listener or observer can notice is..."

I am not an expert in copyright law and I don't know if there is or is not a time limitation on the author's or publisher's copyright. I believe that I can quote or replicate a fragment of the work as long as I attribute the work to the copyright owner.

1629992561764.png

Last edited:

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
"Power Electronics Demystified" is available as a PDF on the Course Hero site as study materiel for the Sambalpur University's course ENGINEERIN (sic) 2269 (no course title given). There is an asterisk beside the University noting that "We aren't endorsed by this school" which is in reference to Course Hero. There is no published book Power Electronics Demystified by Chandra Sekhar Roy, who does not seem to exist anywhere as an author. There are numerous complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau concerning Course Hero and the Sambalpur University of India with it 250 Colleges is highly questionable. Notably the University has been the site of several "Hunger Strikes" by its students over the lack of State recognition by its regulatory agencies of its course work thus making student unhireable due to lack of certifications needed.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
"Power Electronics Demystified" is available as a PDF on the Course Hero site as study materiel for the Sambalpur University's course ENGINEERIN (sic) 2269 (no course title given). There is an asterisk beside the University noting that "We aren't endorsed by this school" which is in reference to Course Hero. There is no published book Power Electronics Demystified by Chandra Sekhar Roy, who does not seem to exist anywhere as an author. There are numerous complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau concerning Course Hero and the Sambalpur University of India is highly questionable. Notably the University has been the site of several "Hunger Strikes" by its students over the lack of State recognition by its regulatory agencies of its course work thus making student unhireable due to lack of certifications needed.
I don't think the TS identified an author. If he meant the (a) book by Chandra Sekhar Roy of the same title, then we have had a miscommunication.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
No, he didn't mention the author. He mentioned Course Hero which is where I found the only existing reference to Power Electronics Demystified by Chandra Sekhar Roy. Search by title or author will not yield anything and I tried several in-depth book finders. I sure would not recommend paying Course Hero for the PDF with its extremely sketchy provenance. Also, Stan's Electronics Demystified would not be in my personal top 10 introduction to electronics books list. Even FREE!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
No, he didn't mention the author. He mentioned Course Hero which is where I found the only existing reference to Power Electronics Demystified by Chandra Sekhar Roy. Search by title or author will not yield anything and I tried several in-depth book finders. I sure would not recommend paying Course Hero for the PDF with its extremely sketchy provenance. Also, Stan's Electronics Demystified would not be in my personal top 10 introduction to electronics books list. Even FREE!
You can however find Stan's book with a simple search. I also said it looked like a steaming pile. I guess you can't effectively copyright a title. Sorry if I caused anyone any heartburn.