How to fix Ribbon cable LCD ?

hpbaxxter

Joined Apr 25, 2020
Hello,

The ribbon cable of the LCD display of my wired phone corrupted while I was cleaning it (See the photo).
View attachment DSC_0782.JPG

hpbaxxter_phone.JPG

Is there a way or idea to fix it ?
How about this flat cable, will this work if put it on the LCD ?

Or could I find a new ribbon?

Thanks in advance.

Moderators note : inserted image

Last edited by a moderator:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
How was the ribbon cable shown under the LCD connected to the board? What is the relationship between the LCD 28-pin connector and anything else in the picture.

If that small strip went from corresponding areas on the back of the LCD to the clear "cable" and to the board, I think your chance of fixing the corruption is close to zero.

You could treat it like a rear-window defroster repair. Get a conductive adhesive, attach the clear cable back to the glass, and then attach to the PCB. There are various conductive paints/inks and adhesives. I don't know which would be best. Of the paints/inks there is one that deposits pure silver and is solderable. All of the others are just metallic or carbon particles suspended in a matrix. They are not solderable, but the one made for defroster repair is a pretty good conductor.

hpbaxxter

Joined Apr 25, 2020
How was the ribbon cable shown under the LCD connected to the board? What is the relationship between the LCD 28-pin connector and anything else in the picture.

If that small strip went from corresponding areas on the back of the LCD to the clear "cable" and to the board, I think your chance of fixing the corruption is close to zero.

You could treat it like a rear-window defroster repair. Get a conductive adhesive, attach the clear cable back to the glass, and then attach to the PCB. There are various conductive paints/inks and adhesives. I don't know which would be best. Of the paints/inks there is one that deposits pure silver and is solderable. All of the others are just metallic or carbon particles suspended in a matrix. They are not solderable, but the one made for defroster repair is a pretty good conductor.
Sorry but I didn't understand this "How was the ribbon cable shown under the LCD connected to the board?"
The LCD 28-pin connector is suggestion, i I could use it on replace o the broken one.
The original cable is broken, is there a way or tips to fi the phone ?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Doing phone repairs requires skill and often special equipment, like microscopes and bonding methods. Sorry, if I didn't understand your question. Try again?