How to fix connectors

NiksonGjini

Joined Jan 29, 2022
Hello , im Nikson
Hope y’all are doing well.
Sorry for my english first !

I bought this electric plate but I have no idea how to connect this electrical plate directly because I do not have the main connectors, is it possible to make from these wires into a functional outlet ?

thanks

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I would remove the wires from the shell and add my own connector.
Hence I would need to know the function of each wire.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
The part numbers on the label show this is from an Electrlux/AEG/Zanussi hob having 3 or 4 round heating elements but none of the spares manuals show them having that type of connector. The 7.1kW rating on there suggests this is some part related to the total capacity of the hob but is not a heater in its own right. I have a suspicion this is the interconnect panel.

I do not understand what you mean by a functional outlet - maybe the meaning is lost in translation. Can you explain more?

NiksonGjini

Joined Jan 29, 2022
The part numbers on the label show this is from an Electrlux/AEG/Zanussi hob having 3 or 4 round heating elements but none of the spares manuals show them having that type of connector. The 7.1kW rating on there suggests this is some part related to the total capacity of the hob but is not a heater in its own right. I have a suspicion this is the interconnect panel.

I do not understand what you mean by a functional outlet - maybe the meaning is lost in translation. Can you explain more?
Hello, thanks for replying.

I mean is it possible to make those wires on F type plug? I want to remove connectors and I want to do it directly to operate on electricity if possible.

NiksonGjini

Joined Jan 29, 2022

Attachments

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Hello, thanks for replying.

I mean is it possible to make those wires on F type plug? I want to remove connectors and I want to do it directly to operate on electricity if possible.
What do you think that plate does? Can you take more pictures of it, from the other side, showing the whole thing and where the wires go? I'm not sure that either of those connectors are power input, but its impossible to say without more information.

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
If that's a heating element, those wires might go to separate resistive heaters which can be switched on in various arrangements for different powers. Try measuring with an ohmmeter, preferably one with a really low ohms scale.

NiksonGjini

Joined Jan 29, 2022
What do you think that plate does? Can you take more pictures of it, from the other side, showing the whole thing and where the wires go? I'm not sure that either of those connectors are power input, but its impossible to say without more information.
hello, see the picture please

Attachments

NiksonGjini

Joined Jan 29, 2022
White wire = 227
Green wire 230v

Attachments

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
I'm sorry but I still don't understand what you thought you could achieve. You have bought something that looks like it might be a electric hob but, it seems, without the controls and you want to connect it to what looks like a combined oven and hob which has the controls but no hob. Clearly, since you have no matching connectors, the hob you bought is not a replacement for the orignal on the oven. You have no way of knowing if the controls on the oven are correctly sized for the hotplates on the hob or indeed which control should be connected to which element.

What you want to do carries a huge risk of burning out a control or wiring and there's no way to advise you without detailed wiring diagrams of both units, even if it were possible.

I'm sorry my friend, but you're at serious risk of injuring yourself or someone else and/or burning the house down. I can't advise you how to proceed further.

NiksonGjini

Joined Jan 29, 2022
I'm sorry but I still don't understand what you thought you could achieve. You have bought something that looks like it might be a electric hob but, it seems, without the controls and you want to connect it to what looks like a combined oven and hob which has the controls but no hob. Clearly, since you have no matching connectors, the hob you bought is not a replacement for the orignal on the oven. You have no way of knowing if the controls on the oven are correctly sized for the hotplates on the hob or indeed which control should be connected to which element.

What you want to do carries a huge risk of burning out a control or wiring and there's no way to advise you without detailed wiring diagrams of both units, even if it were possible.

I'm sorry my friend, but you're at serious risk of injuring yourself or someone else and/or burning the house down. I can't advise you how to proceed further.
Done successfully works perfectly

Attachments