How to find value of /alternative Ceramic SMD (burned) capacitor value

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Surely that's for the TS to decide, is this the right forum for such?
Anyone who assists someone who is planning to do something dangerous could share liability for anything that happens. I believe the intent of this forum is to not assist members in doing anything that is dangerous or illegal.

prerakk

Joined May 21, 2015
@Irving

I was just highlighting what legal situation the user could be in, and the implications. As you say, Its up to the user to decide .

And just a thought, with the legal system in the US being what it is,
I wonder if it could be argued that any help we were giving on a safety critical system, would put us liable
especially if we did not state the risks.

As for the wider question, reparability, totally agree, even things like batteries in laptops are no no longer user replaceable,
but that is a very different question to the one outlined.

As for the even wider question raise, "I can do what ever I want as a free person, so long as XYZ",
well, thats a very long road to tread, what is XYZ, and way off topic I think ..
i agree @MrChips,

I was just highlighting the possible legal situation as I see it with the work .
Anyone who assists someone who is planning to do something dangerous could share liability for anything that happens. I believe the intent of this forum is to not assist members in doing anything that is dangerous or illegal.
first i never said i am going to use it in my car after it gets repaired ? if i did please point me out .

secondly it was already "FACTORY FITTED (could have passed so many tests) and it did MALFUNCTION !!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
first i never said i am going to use it in my car after it gets repaired ? if i did please point me out .
You never said that you weren't, so a reasonable person would assume that your intention was to repair it and put it back in your car.

This statement made it appear to me that your intent was to put it back in your car.
buying replacement board will be last option for me . i am trying to get the same board fix to save the environment.if everybody changes it for small faults.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
@prerakk

sorry If i offended you , that was not my intent,

I'm all for repairing stuff , and I wish we made things more reparable,

I understood this was for a motorcar, on the public road,
and just wanted to highlight the potential areas that you were getting into if that was so in case it had not been addressed.

The best of luck to you ,