How to export Pspice's plots as a vector file?

7OKER

Joined Jun 25, 2021
Hello, I'm a electronics engineering student new to simulation sofwares.

I'm using Orcad's Capture (Pspice) to make simulations.
It only has 'print' option that leads to system print prompt, and I can only print to pdf.
I want to export the plot as a image or vector, like matlab's plot function. How can I do that?

Thanks.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006

It only has 'print' option that leads to system print prompt, and I can only print to pdf.
I want to export the plot as a image or vector, like matlab's plot function. How can I do that?

Thanks.
Can't you write a filter that reads a PDF file and outputs the desired format?

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016

Thanks.
This may help...

Edit simulation profile, select the Data Collection tab, enable "Save data in the CDSF format".

1624730093479.png

Rerun your simulation. You'll now find a <simulation_name>.csd file in your SCHEMATIC.<simulation_ name> folder...

The file is the plot data and will look something like.... but I can't tell you how to interpret that - the question seems to have been asked many times but I've not found any answers...

1624730514836.png

7OKER

Joined Jun 25, 2021
This may help...

Edit simulation profile, select the Data Collection tab, enable "Save data in the CDSF format".

View attachment 242199

Rerun your simulation. You'll now find a <simulation_name>.csd file in your SCHEMATIC.<simulation_ name> folder...

The file is the plot data and will look something like.... but I can't tell you how to interpret that - the question seems to have been asked many times but I've not found any answers...

View attachment 242200
I will inspect. Thanks.

7OKER

Joined Jun 25, 2021