how to drive common source N channel MOSFET

CPaolo

Joined Jan 4, 2017
Hi to all,
I have to drive two N channel mosfet connected back-to-back in order to work as general switch.
As you can see in the attached file, I've found some solutions (N channel mosfet switch driver) proposed by the most famous IC manufacturers (MAXIM INTEGRATED for example), but the problem is that all this type of ICs provide a protection against reverse polarity! In my application instead the reverse polarity shall be permitted!
How can I solve the problem? Could you suggest me an IC without the protection against the reverse polarity? Or could you suggest me an alternative electronic schematic ?
Referring to the attached file, the maximun value of Vin is 36V

Attachments

CPaolo

Joined Jan 4, 2017
Referring to the attached schematic, I'm searching for an IC (with integrated charge pump) with the following characteristics:
  1. it shall read Vs value and, depending on this value, it shall drive the two external mosfets by providing Vg. In detail, in order to switch-on the MOS, Vg shall be (Vg-Vs)>Vth (usually Vth is greater than 10V). In order to switch-off the mosfet instead Vg shall be Vg=Vs
  2. IC can be supplied directly by the battery (as shown in the figure) but also by a dedicated fixed voltage supply
How you can see, i can't use the low-side switch as you suggested.

Thank you to all

Attachments