how to download schem

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi dave & battousai,

hey guys how about teaching an old cow how to download a schem drawing to appear together with the reply.

also how do they do it, like when they say, this is the link or diagram. all you have to do is click the word this and bingo you get the link or diagram.

am not very good when it comes to operating this computer. my kids are of no help especially its summer vacation here neither during school time.

thanx

floy

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi mozikluv,

Right lets deal with linking as its the easier one. If you look above the post reply window you will see a series of buttons. The one we are concerned with for linking is the "http://" button. If you click on it it will open a window saying "Enter the complete URL for the hyperlink", here you just enter the URL in the address bar at the top of the page. So the URL for this site is http://allaboutcircuits.com. Once you have put in your URL click OK and it promts you with "Enter the title of the webpage", here enter the text you wish you highlight when going to a link, for example for the above URL enter "All About Circuits". Click OK and the jobs done. You will see a string of code on your reply, however when you add the reply to the thread it converts it to the link.

A good idea is to have a second browser window open to look for pages you wish to link to, and then copy and paste the URL from the address bar into your reply. All I can say is try it out, if your not sure the link will work, use the "preview post" button and you will be able to see if the link has worked.

Ok now images. I am assuming you are using Internet Explorer here (but I am sure the technique is the same for other browsers). You will need a second browser for this one. Find the picture you require on any web page, and right click on the image - a menu should drop down. Select properties and you should see the Address (URL) written there. Copy the text by dragging the cursor over the address. Then return to your reply and select the "IMG" button and paste your address. Click OK and again you will see the code appear in the reply which will become your picture when you finally post your reply.

Sorry if that all sounds a little confusing, but the best way to learn is to try it. Post back if you have any more problems or there is a part of my reply you don't understand and I will try and explain it a little better.

Good luck :)

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi dave,

thanx for the instructions, will surely try those and only 2 things will happen, either i will enjoy it or get frustrated if i don't get it right on my 1st try. ha! ha! ha! ha!

sometimes i hate computers!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
No problem. Once you get used to the method its very easy actually. I know on some forums there is no automatic buttons to make the process easy - you have to write the code in manually :wacko: