How to develop wireless charging project using Infrared

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupamc6

Joined Jun 9, 2017
Hi, I have a project to develop wireless charging system, to charge a mobile phone using Infrared (IR) and photodiode. I need 5V and 500mA at receiver side. I have used normal IR diode and photodiode the do the same. But got negligible voltage (200mV) at receiver side. Please guide about the material/components required for completing this project.
What should be the Input voltage/current for that? What are the various components required and what will be the circuit diagram?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
(Moderator's note: improper questioning of personal integrety removed.)

I would not take on such a job. I have learned enough to know what you ask is nearly impossible. It IS impossible if you need it done cheaply.

Last edited by a moderator:

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
Hi, I have a project to develop wireless charging system, to charge a mobile phone using Infrared (IR) and photodiode. I need 5V and 500mA at receiver side. I have used normal IR diode and photodiode the do the same. But got negligible voltage (200mV) at receiver side. Please guide about the material/components required for completing this project.
What should be the Input voltage/current for that? What are the various components required and what will be the circuit diagram?
How did you determine that charging a phone via infra red is practically possible? It sounds like you just woke up one morning with this idea and presumed that; 1) it is possible, and, 2) it is a trivial task to implement.

You already have another thread open where you asked the same question but it seems that you ignored the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.