How to design an amplifier using an op amp with 100 Khz input frequency.

failing_engineer

Joined May 3, 2021
Requirements:
– Gain 24dB
– The output signal must be non-inverting relative to the input signal.
– AC Input impedance: 5k Ohm – Input Signal Frequency: 100KHz
– Input Amplitude: 5mVpp, AC coupled at input and output (means there are DC blocking capacitors at the input and output)
– Output Impedance: 500 Ohm
– DC Power Supplies: Determine power supplies required to achieve unclipped amplification

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
I don’t think the question is about designing an opamp, it is about designing a circuit using an opamp. The specifications make no sense as the specs of an opamp.

Bob

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don’t think the question is about designing an opamp, it is about designing a circuit using an opamp. The specifications make no sense as the specs of an opamp.

Bob
That is why I asked the question the way I did because it wasn't really clear what the TS had in mind. We get all kinds of questions from people who want to know if all manner of things are possible. Not practical mind you, but possible. Certainly a hybrid circuit or a discrete design would fall in the categories you mentioned of designing a circuit with an opamp. Is that likely to be the best solution? I don't know, but I have my suspicions.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
The question is to design an OP Amp with the requirements given.
Sorry but when comparing this to the first post it does not make that much sense. How could you have an "op amp" that is non inverting. An op amp circuit can be either inverting or non inverting depending on the circuit design the op amp is used in but the op amp itself is both. So an op amp has both inverting and non inverting inputs it's the circuit that makes it one or the other.
Also, op amps do not typically have any input or output capacitors only an op amp circuit would have that.

Perhaps you made a slightly skewed interpretation of the assignment question. Either way though you are going to have to show some work or at least more info (that's a requirement of this section of the forum anyway).