How to decrease a Square wave ouput

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
He also said larger resistors did not work, which is obviously nonsense IF it was connected correctly, which I doubt.

Bob

captoro

Joined Jun 21, 2009
He also said larger resistors did not work, which is obviously nonsense IF it was connected correctly, which I doubt.

Bob
I tried the voltage divider with a 4k and a 1K, AND the 2N3904 transistor. Both gives me good results at 1kHz.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
this is the best solution for me, The resistor divider works but with low ohmic values not in the K ohm values. I was down to 2ohm with 10 ohm resistors, But I needed a Pot and as soon as I introduce that in the circuit, then the output was unstable. The 2N3904 is a low cost transistor anyway. thank you
That is because the load is drawing more current through the 2-resistor divider then you think it is. So you needed a buffer to isolate the divider from the load, a buffer with enough drive capacity to provide enough drive current for the load..

Probably could have done the same thing with a non-inverting opamp buffer instead of BJT.

captoro

Joined Jun 21, 2009
That is because the load is drawing more current through the 2-resistor divider then you think it is. So you needed a buffer to isolate the divider from the load, a buffer with enough drive capacity to provide enough drive current for the load..

Probably could have done the same thing with a non-inverting opamp buffer instead of BJT.
I tried the BJT at 1Mhz, and its coming very hot ! so that wont be a solution. I guess resistor divider with OPamp.

captoro

Joined Jun 21, 2009
A 5kΩ load draws 1mA from a 5V source.
The AD835 takes 10μA.
Why do you need an opamp?
Sorry I dont need OPAMP, just voltage divider.

I am using OPamp after the AD835, but thats irrelevant here.

I dont know why the voltage divider didnt work work before when I tried it.

case closed, thanks everyone.