How to create a current sensor?

Weatherman

Joined Feb 9, 2017
I have done a bit of research and came across this transducer by LEM . So it has 10 pins and I am confused about the pins 5-10. Are those pins for connecting it actual current that it will measure?

If they are then use a terminal to connect these pins to the current?

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
No.
The current flowing into 8,9,10 will also flow thru that coiled winding in the sensor and then out thru pins 5,6,7
The current will produce a magnetic field around that coil winding, the strength of the magnetic field is measured by that 'small square' in the drawing and the Vout value is proportional to the current flowing thru the coil winding.
OK.?
A001.gif

Last edited:

Weatherman

Joined Feb 9, 2017
No.
The current flowing into 8,9,10 will also flow thru that coiled winding in the sensor and then out thru pins 5,6,7
The current will produce a magnetic field around that coil winding, the strength of the magnetic field is measured by that 'small square' in the drawing and the Vout value is proportional to the current flowing thru the coil winding.
OK.?
Yeah. I meant that if current is going into the sensor through those pins, can we just leave the output pins alone or will they have be grounded. If they are left on their own, won't it be open ?