Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi carl,
A quick way that works for me.
Change the .lib extension to .net
Open it with LTSpice.
Highlight subckt OPA1611 in the net listing

Left click and select Create symbol...
It will create a yellow box.
If you don't like the yellow box, open the asy file and re build the symbol,,, do NOT erase the pin names just the box outline to suit a common OPA/
E

Added my version of the symbol,,, change the extension from .txt to .asy

BTW: The symbol can be found in the Auto Gen file under the F2 key

Attachments

carlmart

Joined Jul 14, 2010
Where do I store the .asy file? That seems to be critical in what I did.
How do you rebuild the symbol in asy? This may be obvious or primary, but nobody seems to know.
When and where did you change the txt extension to asy?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
I store the asy file in my current working file.
In order to upload to the forum I have to change the asy extension to a txt extension so will allow a forum upload.ok.
Once you have the txt file in your PC, you change back to a asy file..

How do you rebuild the symbol in asy? This may be obvious or primary, but nobody seems to know.

When you see the newly created yellow box right click on it and you should see this image.
Click on the Open Symbol button, you should see the symbol, so now use the Tools menu to move the pin labels on the asy model.

Attachments

carlmart

Joined Jul 14, 2010
OK. The problems I'm finding.
1) First of all I'm using LTSpice IV, but I don't think that is the problem. I'm trying to install XVII, but neither 86 or 64 seem to run.

2) Left click and select Create symbol...
It will create a yellow box.
If you don't like the yellow box, open the asy file and re build the symbol,,, do NOT erase the pin names just the box outline to suit a common OPA/

I have opened the asy file, with the yellow box inside and all the pin names, but I can't find a way to rebuild it.

3) Alright with the .asy simbol, renamed from .txt. It shows the opamp you built. I do not get anything when I right click on the yellow box. Is there something I'm missing?
" Click on the Open Symbol button, you should see the symbol, so now use the Tools menu to move the pin labels on the asy model." To get there I have to click Edit > Attributes, but how do I proceed from then on.

Let's hope I'm being clear on my questions and that we can get to a common ground to solve them.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
The fact that the usual 'official' method does not work on your PC, also as the latest version of LTSpice will not run on your PC, leads me suspect the problem is within your PC and operating system.

You must be running Windows 10 in order use the XVII of LTSpice, what is your operating software.?

E

carlmart

Joined Jul 14, 2010
The strange thing is that this problem is happening only with OPA opamps, no other. ADs run fine. But OPA1611 and OPA134 no no.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
To get there I have to click Edit > Attributes
No. Just click on the icons ('Move' or 'Delete' tool etc) to use the tools present in the Toolbar at the top of the screen. Other editing tools are in the Draw tab. Or click and drag to move the pins around.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
hi,
Lets see anyone else has an idea.
@Bordodynov
@eetech00
Hello

You don't have to make a symbol.
You can use the opamp2 symbol supplied with LTspice.
The opamp2 symbol is in the opamps section in the component selector.
After you place the opamp2 symbol on the schematic, change the symbol "value" attribute to OPA1611.
Make sure the OPA1611.LIB file is in the same folder as the schematic.
Add the directive .lib OPA1611.LIB so LTspice will know where to find the model file.

See attached Test Circuit.

1604879972036.png

Attachments

carlmart

Joined Jul 14, 2010
No. Just click on the icons ('Move' or 'Delete' tool etc) to use the tools present in the Toolbar at the top of the screen. Other editing tools are in the Draw tab. Or click and drag to move the pins around.
What do I get by doing so? Do I get to do anything else besides renaming the pins?