So then the calculation would be:Almost there:
1. If you calculate for 100A rms you can never measure more than 100A rms, which you may wish to do in cases of overload.
If 100A rms is the maximum you could ever need to measure, even in overload conditions you are OK.
2. The AD8418 has a gain of 20. So you need to scale the reference voltage by 20.
3. The burden resistor is the load on the transformer secondary, so it goes across the transformer terminals.
I always aim for 1V rms on the processor pin, at my reference current. That gives 16% headroom for overloads, and makes the maths simple for the burden resistor calculations. It also lets me reuse all my software that I have written for AC current inputs, as I just have to scale the result to the reference current.
Output CT-sensor: 100A/2500= 0,04A
Gain of 20 at the amplifier, so 50mV from the CT-sensor to the amplifier right?
So how do i go from here?
Last edited:
