How to choose the correct SMD component?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If this is a production item then you will also need to verify that the program is loaded correctly. If this is a hobby project I suggest adding a programming access connector.
And if we are giving free production advice away to somebody who needs it I would be reluctant to own that product. a product engineer should already know this stuff. A hobbyist is just now learning it.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
I have the code, but I asked about programming before assembling because jlcpcb said they won't program the IC, well, unless they got me wrong and thought I was asking them to create the code...
I don't think they offer programming as a service yet, but they will take programmed parts. The issue is that you have to take them out of the packaging to program them which means they have to be manually handled for assembly, not automated, and that adds cost and time. Unless you're a big user it's not the way to go.

ICSP is the probably the right solution for you, but it's not trivial. You need to understand the limitations it places on the pins used for ICSP and also follow all the manufacturers guidelines. And come up with a robust method of contacting the necessary pads on the board with a jig using Pogo pins. You can, of course, use a male header, but that wastes a lot of board space and is not recommended unless you need to reprogram boards in the field (as it adds other complications). Typically you need 5 or 6 pads/pins.

None of this is rocket science but you must learn to read and understand the relevant sections of the data sheet and that appears to be a steep learning curve for you...