How to add LED lights to existing PWM light circuit

acurcio916

Joined Jan 13, 2024
Hello everyone.

I want to add 4 LED lights in the cabin of my new Bronco because the factory lights just don't do the job. My goal is to have them mimic the factory lighting. I can easy tap into the rear dome light and already have connectors to make a jumper. Using my scope i was able to record some info to show what I'm dealing with. The dome light is a 3 pin connector. I have Channel 1 (yellow) in the Control? wire, Channel 2 (green) in the constant 12v and my ground in the connector ground.

Lights off
View attachment 312727

Doors Open/Lights on
View attachment 312728

Any input on what I am looking at, and how I could make additional lights work in this circuit would be helpful.

Thanks

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
You already have this thread, how many would you like? Starting a thread and several min later starting another on the same subject is sort of frowned upon and many who might normally help just ignore the threads. Also people start responding to both and it becomes a mess and is confusing.

Ron

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
A Ford Wiring-Schematic would be the safest route to take,
but that could be expensive,
even so, if it was my Truck, I wouldn't be caught without one.

You don't appear to have different Waveforms for On and Off,
could it be some kind of Serial-Communication format that I haven't seen ?

acurcio916

Joined Jan 13, 2024
You already have this thread, how many would you like? Starting a thread and several min later starting another on the same subject is sort of frowned upon and many who might normally help just ignore the threads. Also people start responding to both and it becomes a mess and is confusing.

Ron
Sorry, i made a typo in the title and couldn't figure out how to delete it.