How late is your mail lately ?

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
I ordered a bunch of stuff this winter, and a lot of it is still stuck in the mail system, and all will be late. All the parts from China usually takes 2 months for me, now I fear they will take another 2 months to get across Canada.

Oh well, I'm not complaining, I'm just excited for it all to start showing up. All my stuff from Feburary was just supposed to start showing up. I should think of it more like planting seeds, you have to wait.

How else has a bunch of late stuff on the way ?

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
yeah it's not just parts I have on the way, and from all over. Only 2 of them even have tracking # tho, so I won't even know.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Cleveland seems to be going in circles:

Tracking results:
April 1, 2020, 2:34 pm ("Expected delivery April, 1 by 8:00 PM," as of 1:00 AM on 04/02/20)
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 1, 2020 at 2:34 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

April 1, 2020, 1:26 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
AKRON OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 1, 2020, 12:40 pm

April 1, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility

March 31, 2020, 12:21 am (Expected delivery April ,1 by 8:00 PM)

March 30, 2020, 11:06 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
WOOSTER, OH 44691

Another package from Malaysia by DHL went to Frankfurt, GE. Stayed there for a week. Then made it to NY Kennedy, went through customs (almost 1 week) and to USPS. Whereupon it apparently sat for 9 days. Now, it is at the Queens Distribution Center -- other side of borough 10 miles away.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
And if anything the USPS does makes sense, my shipment has been sent back to Akron. Don't they have a map with ZIP codes on it?

April 2, 2020, 12:53 pm
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in AKRON OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 2, 2020 at 12:53 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
April 2, 2020
April 1, 2020, 2:34 pm

I think it has go go around at least three times before it is considered corona infected. BTW, Wooster,OH is a short 30-minute drive.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I just ordered some items from Ali Express during their 10th anniversary sale. Placed orders from 6 sellers on 3/31; one shipped that day and 4 shipped the next. Will let you know how quickly they get here...

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Maybe the date is a clue?
Hardly. Your are giving those agency directors credit for being able to read a calendar. They can't even tell the difference between I-480 to Wellington, and I-77 to Akron.

In other words, it is the difference between being South of Cleveland (odd Interstate numbers) and being West of Cleveland (even Interstate numbers). No Boy Scouts in the crowd?

Last edited:

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Here in Canada I have received what I ordered from Aliexpress on 11th. of February, but nothing that I ordered after that. I assume it's considered "non-essential" and is backed up in customs somewhere. I have three projects on hold, waiting for parts.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
When last visited, my little package from nearby Wooster was circling between Akron and Cleveland. It had been received in Akron at 12:53 PM. Akron "immediately"* sent it back to Cleveland:

April 3, 2020, 6:53 am
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 3, 2020 at 6:53 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
April 3, 2020, 5:04 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
April 3, 2020, 3:20 am
CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
April 2, 2020, 12:53 pm

This is worse than the joke about a Christmas fruitcake.

*Immediate for the USPS seems to be anything less than 24 hours.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Ordered Hub covers for my F250 scheduled for delivery today between 6am 11am, but the USPS driver rarely gets to my house weekdays earlier than noon. So, ya seems pretty normal to me. Fedex UPS seems normal so far.

kv

Edit: On a side note: My daughter came last night to pick something up, afterward they wanted to get something to eat but said to her husband I don’t think we have enough money in the bank, she checked the bank and called me back saying I have my refund back now we have plenty of money to eat tonight, I didn’t think we would have enough :)

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
They are all struggling to an extent it seems. DHL depends a lot on USPS and is affected by that. FedEx and UPS may or may not depend on the USPS. In my area, it depends on what is being shipped. UPS generally is more reliable for its delivery times than FedEx, but for wine it seems to get messed up more. Let me add, I do not have a whole lot of wine shipments to base the opinion on.

I can understand some of the idiosyncrasies when there is a hand-off between a commercial carrier (say UPS) and USPS. A package will arrive by the commercial carrier at a nearby suburb (Twinsburg), then go to Detroit for hand-off to USPS.

The current mess-up is somewhat new for me. I have had Cleveland > Akron >Cleveland > Wellington, But the current experience is worse, and there is no one to call.