How I dominate society

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
That is truly inexcusable in view of the fact that the intent of "verbosity" (do note the quotation marks) is obviation of ambiguity!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: -- Kindly unmask him – that we may know whom we have to hang at sunrise, from the battlements!

With best regards and profound apologies to E.A. Poe
HP:)
Well I don't have battlements but I have some good sturdy trees! ;)
As far as sunrise goes no thanks. He can live until at least noon. I'm not a morning person so the odds are I would hang more than just him if I have to get up that early and do some sort of basic physical work. :eek:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I would find it refreshing for you to tell me why you seem to support the idea of women suffering from a male dominated world. Your statement is what stimulated me to post this Thread and I did it because I want to know your opinion.
Dude... I would really love to elucidate on that subject... but right now I'm in the middle of starting up a 3-laser, polar-coordinate measurement machine for a production line and my brains are turning to jelly...

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I would find it refreshing for you to tell me why you seem to support the idea of women suffering from a male dominated world. Your statement is what stimulated me to post this Thread and I did it because I want to know your opinion.
Care to share the post/thread so the rest of us can put this into context?

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
Ahhhh.... it is refreshing to find another Poe fan among the contributors of this repository of knowledge and culture...
For you Poe fans on the off chance that you've not yet discovered it; the first album of The Alan Parsons Project in 1976 was an homage to Poe's works though it doesn't include The Masque of the Red Death referenced by HP above. Most, if not all, tracks can be found on YouTube.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Mystery_and_Imagination_(Alan_Parsons_Project_album)

P.S. They produced an album in 1979, Eve, that bears directly on the topic of this thread.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve_(The_Alan_Parsons_Project_album)

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
For you Poe fans on the off chance that you've not yet discovered it; the first album of The Alan Parsons Project in 1976 was an homage to Poe's works though it doesn't include The Masque of the Red Death referenced by HP above. Most, if not all, tracks can be found on YouTube.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Mystery_and_Imagination_(Alan_Parsons_Project_album)

P.S. They produced an album in 1979, Eve, that bears directly on the topic of this thread.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve_(The_Alan_Parsons_Project_album)
Ha!... yet another thing that I'm a big fan of... APP Tales of Mystery and Imagination... that album is a masterpiece, I love every single musical piece it contains... all the way to the beautifuly orchestrated The Fall of the House of Usher

Post #226
Apparently a photographer named Julie Cameron started out making photos that were out of focus and had defects from artifacts of the developing chemistry so the resulting criticism must have been because she was female.
---Emphasis added---

A victim of; Sexism? Her own ineptitude? - Who knows?...:rolleyes: --- For my money hers was a cut and dried case "peri-aptronym-o-phobia":p

TTFN
HP:)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I made lots of photos that had defects. Instead of publishing them and experiencing the expected results of my behavior, I threw them in the trash bin.
I could have published them and decided that they were criticized because I'm male, but I just dominated everybody else by publishing only good quality photos.:D

I could have published them and decided that they were criticized because I'm male
...or because you part your hair on the left instead of the right or because you're Catholic or Protestant or Jewish or New Age or Gnostic or Republican or Democrat or Aristocrat or Bourgeois or Proletariat or Young or Old or from Here or from There or just anything but responsible for your own actions strengths and weaknesses! --- Welcome to the exciting world of identity politics!:cool::cool::cool: ---- All of which is to say -- I hear ya!:):):)

Best regards
HP:D

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Listen, my wife and I see the pool table differently when we play scotch doubles. I just attribute it to ... Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. It's that simple. :)