How I dominate society

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
This issue has never come up between my wife and I. When she was working, my wife is noted for her no bulls#$t, get it done attitude. She was also famous for chewing out vendors on the phone. She has never complained about her wages. Even in retirement, she is a very hard worker. Her daughter is the same way. My wife might have a few flaws, but being a wounded dove isn't one of them.

Here is a picture of my wife in her dune buggy

Attachments

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
This issue has never come up between my wife and I. When she was working, my wife is noted for her no bulls#$t, get it done attitude. She was also famous for chewing out vendors on the phone. She has never complained about her wages. Even in retirement, she is a very hard worker. Her daughter is the same way. My wife might have a few flaws, but being a wounded dove isn't one of them.

Here is a picture of my wife in her dune buggy

Congrats, man... you won the lottery... she definitely doesn't look as the "damsel in distress" type to me... :)

I have been hearing this for decades and I don't really know what it means. It sounds pejorative. Does this really mean that men somehow stop women from doing what they want to do just by existing? Does it simply mean there are more men than women? The U.S. census says there are more women than men.
Clearly if a fully integrated ≈50% of the population were truly oppressed they'd have no one but themselves to blame! --- @#12 - Please don't let a handful of loudmouth crybabies (or their political-opportunist flunkies) speak for half of the human species! --- The "don't blame me for my underachievement" crowd pervades every demographic, and, necessarily, creates (or seeks to create) the illusion that their petulant whining and puerile angst/'rage' reflects the attitude of their involuntarily adopted 'victim class':rolleyes: --- 'Political entitlement babies' are best ignored! -- They neither reflect -- nor have they ever reflected -- the attitudes and sensibilities of real people! -- Least of all those for whom they claim to advocate!

Succinctly --- it's all peachy!:):):)

Most sincerely
HP:)

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Glad you came into this HP. Being of the female gender, can/would you explain the issue Killivolt brought up, the infamous toilet seat issue? It takes twice as much energy for a male to raise then lower the seat for each use. As men get older, prostrate issues make men go more frequently than women. So why can't a woman put the seat down when necessary? Just asking you as a woman not in a relationship with me, cause that is always a hot button with someone your living with.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I have yet to see a post by HP in which his or her gender is declared... or maybe I missed it...
If she ain't female, post 30 is heartless and without credible authority. I will assume she has outed her femaleness with that post until I hear otherwise.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
involuntarily adopted 'victim class'
I have always see this kind of whining as voluntary. "I choose to set myself apart from the mainstream and claim they made me into less of a person." It seems like every kind of people that aren't white men find a way to blame white men for their lack of accomplishments, and it peeves me. My experience has been that every kind of person that considers themselves as, "not white" has demonstrated racism against me. I have never heard a female person whine about being downtrodden by men in general, so I think it must be the media generating this fraud. Then @cmartinez quotes it and I want to know why he believes it.

Every time I have had a black friend, it was other blacks that took him aside and criticized him. When I thought I had Mexican friends, it was the other Mexicans who made sure I knew they don't like, "my kind". When I met an American Indian, I couldn't carry on a conversation over him repeating, "White mans lies". When I tried to talk to Cubans in Miami, I was told that I don't speak Spanish, I speak Mexican, therefore I am not as good as a Cuban. Once upon a time, a friend took me to a church where I was told I was not of their denomination, so I was allowed to watch but not allowed to participate. One common thread here is that it was never a female telling me how I downtrodded her.

Well, once it was. I was in a gay bar and a bull dyke wanted to have a fist fight with me.:D But that wasn't because she was a woman, it was because I'm not gay.
I have yet to see a post by HP in which his or her gender is declared... or maybe I missed it...
I don't think HP outed herself, but I outed her. I said something like, "spends more time discussing the problem than the answer, spends more time decorating her posts than typing them...she's female.":D I've done a lot of PM's with HP and I don't think she ever said she was female, but I believe she is.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Could have been viewed that way by a female if written by a male.
Astute observation, Gopher. Truth spoken by a man is sexist. Spoken by a woman, it's just truth.

This reminds me of a time (1989) when I quoted a magazine article by a PhD in Sociology which said, "Seventy percent of married women have their long term adultery partner in place by the third year." The woman I was speaking to said, "He's just sexist.." Then I showed her the magazine and said, "Unfortunately, he's a woman.":rolleyes:

Last edited: