How I dominate society

Joined Nov 30, 2010
This is a quote from @cmartinez in the "Picture This" Thread.

This is a great article, that speaks not only of the evolution of photography as an art, but of the history of women's struggle against a male-dominated society as well:

I have been hearing this for decades and I don't really know what it means. It sounds pejorative. Does this really mean that men somehow stop women from doing what they want to do just by existing? Does it simply mean there are more men than women? The U.S. census says there are more women than men.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0884102.html

Has anyone here ever won a fight with your wife? Forced her not to study and learn? Had sex with her when you wanted to instead of when she wanted to? Maybe that's too personal of a question.:oops: But you get my drift. When has anybody dominated a woman out of hard work, self improvement, or trying to be successful in their job or hobby? Why is it a struggle against men? Almost all of the people on this site are struggling to improve themselves, but they don't claim they are struggling against anyone else to do it, and that includes the female members!

I don't understand this, "male domination" angle.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Remember the Garden? Many curses were issued the day we were banned.
Remember the one------A man shall leave his family and cleave to his wife.

They have been in charge every since. The reason it has carried down all this time, is because they won't let men raise children.

Ensuring their dominance.

By the time a poor slob realizes this, it's too late.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Hey #12, have you ever found any petrified lightening(fulgurite) down there?

I dug one out in Cape Coral in the 80s. It wasn't too big, but I have seen some pretty large ones.

I happened to have seen where that strike hit. Knew right where it was.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
So #12...
Given a job opening where a man and a women with identical education/life experience interview would you say that %50 of the time to man gets the job and 50% the women does..
If you believe that you must be a man :(

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Well as my Ex showed she considered my dominance over her to be that I often said no to doing her stuff for her, when she was more than capable, thus limiting how much of her wants got done at any one time whereas my wants always got done by me without expectation that she should lift a finger or more to help me out. (I think that's how it worked?) o_O

Yep I totally dominated her life by expecting her to act and work as accordingly for herself as I did for myself thus pitting her wants, which were usually very high, directly against her will to actually do anything, which was usually near non existent. :p

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008

This is a great article, that speaks not only of the evolution of photography as an art, but of the history of women's struggle against a male-dominated society as well:

I have been hearing this for decades and I don't really know what it means. It sounds pejorative. Does this really mean that men somehow stop women from doing what they want to do just by existing? Does it simply mean there are more men than women? The U.S. census says there are more women than men.

Has anyone here ever won a fight with your wife? Forced her not to study and learn? Had sex with her when you wanted to instead of when she wanted to? Maybe that's too personal of a question.:oops: But you get my drift. When has anybody dominated a woman out of hard work, self improvement, or trying to be successful in their job or hobby? Why is it a struggle against men? Almost all of the people on this site are struggling to improve themselves, but they don't claim they are struggling against anyone else to do it, and that includes the female members!

It's mostly little things like being able to vote, being able to fight in the military, have an abortion, paid time off to have a kid, equal pay foe equal work. Little stuff like that. :D

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012

I think men and women compete differently. Women I know often multitask and get shit done by brute force. Men "dream"/think/strategize more and, if working with women, tend to be around when things finally got done by women. The fact that the guy was part of the team means he now appears to have taken a defacto management role by not having to lift a finger and only talking about how things should get done.

There are men who get shit done as well but the same happens to them as well. The get categorized as worker bees and not leaders or thinkers. Men who don't like their imposed roles as worker bees tend to go work independently. Women have a tougher time working independently because they more often need some support to do it, and are less likely to get a bank loan, less likely to ask a friend-of-a friend for a favor or financing, less likely to have figured out who to golf with or play poker with if you need a variance for x, y or z to move business forward and so on. Then the woman looks at her competitor (co-worker) at crunch time and he can stay all night while she has to pick up her kid from daycare. Who does the boss give the raise to? The guy who emailed the final version of the report at 2am.

My wife is a scientist - she got squeezed out of situations often. Then made a decision how to handle it vs stress over it. All is good today.

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I think men and women compete differently. Women I know often multitask and get shit done by brute force. Men "dream"/think/strategize more and, if working with women, tend to be around when things finally got done by women.
That was a big issue between my ex and me.

She loved to point out how she was multitasking everything at once and I was only focusing on one or two things at a time. Fair enough but concerning yourself with the placement height and colors you are going fly on your victory flag and where you going to put the visitors parking lot when the dam is done Vs figuring out how to stop the flood so you can start construction of the dam is not of equal priority and value in my views. :(

Joined Nov 30, 2010
@McGyver , post #4, I have had 2 wives. Each of them found a job when they wanted to and quit when they wanted to. The second wife came home from work and complained about job opportunities but, try as I did, I could never put any numbers on it. In a couple of years I found her secret to success. She was sleeping her way up the corporate ladder, an advantage most men do not have.

@tcmtech From the book: Trane Air conditioning Manual, "A person who believes they are uncomfortable is just as uncomfortable as if they were uncomfortable." That lesson, altered to describe my observations, "A woman who believes she is a victim, will be a victim, even if the man she is with doesn't know about it." Just listen to how she views her role with previous relationships to find out what your role in her life is going to be.

@ronv In this country, women have the same voting rights as men, they can join the military, and have as many abortions as they can pay for. As for the equal pay for equal work, not being at work because you are at home raising a child doesn't get me paid either. As for working, I have had female people working beside me in several jobs. I only assumed they got the same pay I got until I found out they got paid more than I if they had a child at home.

@GopherT You have a good point. I was the only person working at a new laser repair/calibration depot for Spectra Physics and the place broke even on the start-up costs in 90 days.:) The only thing I received for this was hourly wages.:( Spectra Physics is still a going concern 40 years later and you have never heard my real name. What's wrong with this picture? Would I get any less recognition if I was a woman?

OK. Thunder coming from the north. Must send this before the lights go out.:eek:

ps, none of these conversations really addresses how men dominate the world unless they do it by showing up at work regularly.

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
When I read this I wasn't going to login as ususal and just read, but couldn't resist.

I was angry one day with my wife, she say's you always leave the toilet seat up! I said What?

Ok, I said. So your saying the definition "Always" is "Sometimes" Hmn?

When I got to work, I told a co-worker, and to cheer me up he say's " You know if Adam hadn't bit into that Apple, we would still be in the Garden of Eden under a tree "

Just pin it on Adam, who Dominates who and the definition who.

Ever since then, if She gets that look in her eye's, I go to my room and imagine what I just did wrong.:oops:

kv

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
@ronv In this country, women have the same voting rights as men, they can join the military, and have as many abortions as they can pay for. As for the equal pay for equal work, not being at work because you are at home raising a child doesn't get me paid either. As for working, I have had female people working beside me in several jobs. I only assumed they got the same pay I got until I found out they got paid more than I if they had a child at home.
The point I was trying to make is they either had to sue or get legislation or approval for all those things. My wife says I'm to subtle. :rolleyes:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Seriously now... I do want to share a point of view about this very interesting thread... but it's going to have to wait a few days... I'm up to my neck trying to meet a deadline here...

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The point I was trying to make is they either had to sue or get legislation or approval for all those things.
And they still complain about being equal.
In 1975, a woman asked me what I was doing to make sure she wouldn't have to work when she was 40 years old. Instead of reminding her I was still in a cast from my hip to the floor and finishing my college degree on crutches, I told her, "Women are equal. What are you doing to be sure I won't have to work when I'm 40?"
She got rid of me like a bad rash.:D

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Men and women are different by design. Those who think otherwise are beyond my understanding.
I tried to work with the philosophy that women are just normal people with a monthly inconvenience. It didn't work.:(
Eventually I exchanged that philosophy for this one: Women are female in every cell of their body.