how do i set this light up what do i need

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017

at 0:20 seconds

i will love to know how to set this up what chip do i need that does this affect please

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
is their a pcb i can buy already and connect power - + then add lights to different outputs and then press button to change affect.
i wanted same as that affect.

i would have placed 4 or 5 led on my drone 1 on top and bottom and left and right so it makes tht same affect i love it , please kindly tell me

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Normally drones have microcontroller already.
However, I don't know if manufacturers allow users access to the micro on the factor drones.

I know there was group or groups that used Arduino Nano or similar hobbyist microcontroller board for drones. In this case you, the user/owner, have direct access to the micro and you can add led and stuff as long as there are pins available.

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
can u atleast tell me what sort of module or chip do i need to buy of ebay that makes the lights blink like that please

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
can u atleast tell me what sort of module or chip do i need to buy of ebay that makes the lights blink like that please
It's not that simple. It involves the ability to program a chip. You seem to be looking for a "turn key solution" and sadly there is none. The drones you see with all those cool effects took considerable time and effort to program along with necessary programming skills. They are also not cheap (inexpensive drones. My neighbor has and flies one. His drone is a $2,000 USD drone and he worked up from lesser drones. Do you think the video I linked to was an easy project?

Ron

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
i have
phantom 3 advanced 700 gbp
maveric pro worth 1080 gbp

am not gona open the drone covers i want a chip that changes led and then i will make room on the drone body to add it onto it anyway i can.
no need to tamper drone boards.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
i want a chip that changes led
There is no chip and that is the problem. The chip would be a uC chip and you would program the chip for the desired effects. For example and just one example you buy an Arduino Uno. They run about $20 USD give or take. They use an Atmel Atmega 328P uC (micro-controller chip). You program the chip for whatever you want it to do. I doubt you will find an off the shelf chip pre programmed with LED routines and sequences you want. It is not an off the shelf item. The demonstrations you see are a result of someone doing the programming.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
  • Flash modes: full brightness / unique rotating flash mode/ 2 groups Alternate flash.
Yeah, they are pre programmed micro-controllers. So? If that is what you want then buy a few. If you want something beyond what you see out there you need to make your own including programming them.

Ron

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
i need it for only 4 led lights.2017-05-17_003018.jpg

what pcb do i need for this rob that has 4 led connections that does this so i just connect the battery and wire the 4 led wires and done

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
First you need to look at the data sheet for the LEDs you plan to use. You need to know how much current each LED arrangement will draw. You need to know this so you can drive the LEDs. I told you how to get effects with LEDs, you use a micro-controller. Going for example from dim to bright and then blink will require what is called PWM (Pulse Width Modulation), you write the programming code for your micro-controller.

Keep something in mind. LEDs, depending on type and intensity will use power. Your only power is your battery pack. The more power the less flight time.

You can use any of several micro-controllers. The more complex you want the visual display the more programming code you need to write. There are no short cuts or easy ways to do this. As to a micro controller? I mentioned Arduino and there is also PICAXE as well as others. The Arduino and PICAXE are easy to work with. I suggest you do a Google of "LED dim to bright PICAXE" or a Google of LED "dim to bright Arduino" for some code samples and ideas. A common term with LEDs is fade in and fade out.

What you seem to want is a simple turn key buy it off the shelf solution and I don't know of one. What you have linked to uses pre programmed micro-controllers. If you can't find the code online then you write the code. I really can't make this any simpler. If you want to drive 4 EA of LED displays then you need a micro-controller with at least 4 programmable digital outputs capable of the PWM I mentioned earlier.

Maybe another member has some thoughts and a circuit idea? I would use a uC as I mentioned.

Ron

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
How much would you be willing to pay to have someone do the engineering, and make a few prototypes, to your exact specifications. I'm not saying I would do It, but I am curious about what this is worth to you because you seem awfully convinced that what you want is already out there.

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
reasonable price is good to me.

also i will be using external battery and not the drone battery , i also seen videos of phantom 4 drones with 9v battery running 2 led lights so am looking to do same but with 4 lights and blink like the video shown in post 1.

am from united kingdom greater manchester so am not sure if anybody here has any exp doing this stuff , i am a quick learner so i will not have hard time doing it my self with the right guide and help

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
ok this will do the job

now this button his pressing of course once the drone is in the air i cant press it so can i use a transmitter reciver channlers to invoke a click on the black and red wire to the button ? so it changes color

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Not familiar with drones as to if they have any free receiver channels. I would think that is covered in the manual that came with your drone.

Ron