How do I run two servos but one at a time?

Interestor

Joined Jul 25, 2021
Right now i have a 10W solar panel and two servos which is MG946R that has a stall current of 1.2A each. As the current output from the solar panel only managed to go up to 1.1A which i had tested outdoor, I do not want to run the servo simultaneously. therefore i thought of running it one at a time. I was thinking of adding a delay function to temporarily stop one servo while the other runs. I hope this can work. Is there any suggestions? The project will run about 1-2 minutes for demonstration purposes, meaning i will not run long duration, max at 1-2minutes. Thanks!

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
A while since I've used them, but I seem to remember that if you stop sending pulses to them they stop moving.

warmachine

Joined Jul 24, 2021
may i know how to send a pulse to them? the pins im using is PWM pins
you just need the "Servo.h" header file which you can simply download in library manager
then make an object of servo class.
ex..

#include <Servo.h>

Servo s1; // s1 is object you can make any other also

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
s1.attach(3);// attach signal pin to any PWM pin in arduino in this case pin 3 is used
s1.write(90);// here mention the angle of rotation (0-180)

// and now you are good to go

Interestor

Joined Jul 25, 2021
you just need the "Servo.h" header file which you can simply download in library manager
then make an object of servo class.
ex..

#include <Servo.h>

Servo s1; // s1 is object you can make any other also

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
s1.attach(3);// attach signal pin to any PWM pin in arduino in this case pin 3 is used
s1.write(90);// here mention the angle of rotation (0-180)

// and now you are good to go
if its that, i guess i am doing the same. I thought there was another way that i am not aware of.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
A while since I've used them, but I seem to remember that if you stop sending pulses to them they stop moving.
Yes, they stop moving, but it no longer holds its position. I’m talking about RC Hobby servos.
  1. Move a servo to its desired position
  2. Stop sending the positioning pulse
  3. If there is any force on the servo arm, it will move away from the desired position
In most applications, this is undesirable behavior. The positioning pulse must be maintained in order to maintain position.

Interestor

Joined Jul 25, 2021
Looking at this video, the MG946R is a continuously rotating servo with the spped and direction set by the pulse width.
Is this correct?
i saw the video before, he has a max current supply of 1A. At 0.95A ,he has a average of 4kg-5kg /cm torque. My solar panel weighs around 1kg, with additional extra weighs of the structural support , that would total to probably 1.2kg at most. This is just a rough estimation. I would expect the servo would be capable to move at a lower current than 0.95A per servo. However , it still draws alot of current despite having lighter weight.