How do I link a website to a text point?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I kinda sorta know how to do this in HTML (actually I know where to look it up if I want to), How do I do something similar here, or in LaTex? Or do I use the HTML technique?

Basically I'm setting up an index in my blogs, and this would be a good feature to have. I pretty sure it is doable and even routine, but have never done it before.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Nope, the forum is a no-teasing zone.

1. Copy the url, I go to the webpage I want to target and highlight the link and then perform a Control-C to copy it.

2. Go to the forum edit page where you would like to place the link.

3. Next, highlight the word or phrase you want to associate with the link.

4. Next, clicking on the editing ICON that looks like a world with a chain symbol.

5. A hyperlink window will pop up. Into that window you paste the URL into the entry line.

6. Finish up by clicking on OK.

I alway test the link by reviewing the post and then clicking on the link to make sure it works.

hgmjr

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Although not pertinent to your original question Bill, HTML rendering in forum posts is disabled even though vB offers the option to allow it. We have HTML-tags, however these will only append the HTML-code in a sub-box within the post.

Dave

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Nope, the forum is a no-teasing zone.
Now you tell me?:rolleyes:

A second option for hypertext is to use the "[" and "]" brackets to manually input VB code tags into the post. Begin with the tag "url=xxxx" where xxxx is the url of the link. Put the text between the tags. Close with "/url."

Example: replace the "{" and "}" with "[" and "]" in the following:
{url=http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/l_sitemap.html}Our Site Map{/url}
and put it into your reply.

I find the manual method useful when I'm composing posts off-line in WordPad or some such.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Now you tell me?:rolleyes:

A second option for hypertext is to use the "[" and "]" brackets to manually input VB code tags into the post. Begin with the tag "url=xxxx" where xxxx is the url of the link. Put the text between the tags. Close with "/url."

Example: replace the "{" and "}" with "[" and "]" in the following:
{url=http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/l_sitemap.html}Our Site Map{/url}
and put it into your reply.

I find the manual method useful when I'm composing posts off-line in WordPad or some such.
That would be the way I do it because I only use the Standard Editor (not the WYSIWYG editor like most probably do).

Dave

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
For future reference.Using parentheses() instead of brackets[ ]:
(url='url address') text(/url)

Last edited: