How do I find the voltage nodes?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Write the node equations and solve the resulting system of linear equations. You do know how to write node equations - right?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What techniques are you expected to use?

What techniques do you know?

The notion of a node voltage only has meaning if there is a defined reference. So your first step is to define that reference. Pick one of the nodes and call it 0 V. There's a fairly obvious candidate, but the fact is that you have four possible options and, at the end of the day, the choice is arbitrary.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
No sorry, I'm new to circuitry
I have to google that.
We need some context in order to be able to help you most effectively. Most homework assignments are intended to let you exercise your abilities to use the material that it covers. There are many different analysis techniques and a circuit like this could be given for any of them. So we need to know what techniques you are supposed to be using -- it does you no good if we steer you toward using the techniques you learned a month ago or techniques you will see a month from now. That's why we really need you to show your best effort to work your homework as far as you can, no matter how wrong it might be. It also lets us see where you are going right and where you are going wrong so that we can help you get over the specific sticking points that you are having.