How can we find energy of an image?

Meenu A Nair

Joined Mar 26, 2019
I'm not familiar with what you are referring to. Can you elaborate?
My area for the project is compressed sensing. And i am doing maximum energy based compressed sensing. So i need to divide my image into smaller blocks and the energy of each blocks should be found.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
My area for the project is compressed sensing. And i am doing maximum energy based compressed sensing. So i need to divide my image into smaller blocks and the energy of each blocks should be found.
Ok, let’s try another approach.

• What is the image of?
  • Where did the image come from?
  • What is the format of the image? (jpg, bmp, png, raw, or something else)
  • What is YOUR definition of energy in an image?
I’ll start there.

Meenu A Nair

Joined Mar 26, 2019
Ok, let’s try another approach.

• What is the image of?
  • Where did the image come from?
  • What is the format of the image? (jpg, bmp, png, raw, or something else)
  • What is YOUR definition of energy in an image?
I’ll start there.
Its a jpg image. I have attached the base paper with this :) Please help me. The base paper contains the method I am trying to do.

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
This is my master's thesis work. Currently I am a post Graduate student.
Hello, Meenu. It's an interesting paper. I think your use of the word "image" is a little confusing. Could you explain the sensor you are getting the data from? Is it literally an image sensor?

I am not sure I can help much, but if you can articulate your problem a bit better you'll have a better chance of someone suggesting a direction.

I am user you are using MATLAB because it is convenient, but you might want to consider other tools as well since MATLAB can add its own complexity and particular problems.

In any case, good luck!

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
This answer says essentially nothing. How do you propose to measure or quantify the energy of the image in a smaller block? What are the units of the measurement?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
From what little I read of the article, it's a new sampling technique. I am not digital enough to follow and understand the concept.