How Can I Fix My Power Bank?

sairaaj m.

Joined Dec 24, 2017

So my power bank decided to stop working, and as I am useless at this stuff, I thought one of you guys could help me fix it. The LEDs don't light up and it doesn't seem to charge itself or anything else. If anymore pictures are required, please let me know in the replies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
If one or more of the cells has died the protection circuit on the PCB will prevent the battery being charged or further discharged. This is a safety feature to avoid fire or explosion. Replace the power bank.

sairaaj m.

Joined Dec 24, 2017
If one or more of the cells has died the protection circuit on the PCB will prevent the battery being charged or further discharged. This is a safety feature to avoid fire or explosion. Replace the power bank.
It's a few weeks old

Is there any way of checking if this has happened

Last edited by a moderator:

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
I've had 2 of them power banks die both was simple as heck to find problem.
start by looking ad the battery mine had the weld break on both they looked to have tin spotwelded to them to tie them together and then soldered to the main board both welds had popped off.

Elavarasan095

Joined Aug 27, 2020
In my power bank while discharging the D6 led is always on but not charging my phone.Also the power bank is not charging. What might be the problem ?.help me to find solution.Screenshot_2020-09-02-18-59-55.png

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
If the cells are good, buy an "empty" power bank from your favourite overseas electronic bazaar and install them. Or if you have a working power bank that has weak cells, use the good ones to upgrade it.