How can I design transimpedance amplifier with transistor? Thanks for the help.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
Photodiode - S8890-05, at 200 volts, gain 10. The photodiode model also takes into account noises as well as additional noise from the constant backlight (parasitic backlight).

bahadirbulut

Joined Jul 27, 2020
Photodiode - S8890-05, at 200 volts, gain 10. The photodiode model also takes into account noises as well as additional noise from the constant backlight (parasitic backlight).
Okay, thanks a lot again. Which program did you use for simulation? I use LTspice and it doesn't include any photodiode model so I use an equivalent circuit for the photodiode.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
I use LTspice and my library. I have developed an avalanche photodiode model that takes into account changes in gain when the supply voltage changes, and changes in noise, as well as the dependence of capacitance on voltage. In total, I have two avalanche photodiodes in my collection. Also there are models of photodiodes, in which it is possible to substitute parameters of real photodiodes. You can find my models on my web page:
http://bordodynov.ltwiki.org/

bahadirbulut

Joined Jul 27, 2020
I use LTspice and my library. I have developed an avalanche photodiode model that takes into account changes in gain when the supply voltage changes, and changes in noise, as well as the dependence of capacitance on voltage. In total, I have two avalanche photodiodes in my collection. Also there are models of photodiodes, in which it is possible to substitute parameters of real photodiodes. You can find my models on my web page:
http://bordodynov.ltwiki.org/
This is great thanks!

sparky 1

Joined Nov 3, 2018
The off the shelf components can make a low noise but now what is ultra low noise begins to deal with equipment and much experience.
The technology involved in ultra low noise 1.93 pA/√Hz TIA is difficult to achieve. It is easier to have a goal of making a mildly low noise TIA.
If you can live decent board and the parts are well matched includes op amps. Making TIA 101 the board the layout the choice of components.
https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/609/dc1417A-1268703.pdf

The abstract summary below is a capacitive feedback noise cancelling TIA.
The ultra low noise cmos inverter gates using capacitive feedback noise cancelling.
The skill set of those making them have lab equipment that is normally not found in the typical garage:

A state-of-the-art low-noise transimpedance amplifier (TIA) for 2.5 Gb/s family is presented using IBM 0.13-m CMOS technology. This TIA would be a part of a homodyne detector in a quantum key distribution (QKD) system. In this work a thorough design methodology based on a novel analytical noise optimization is presented. Also a unique method for eliminating the DC current of the input photodiodes (PDs) is proposed. The post-layout simulation results show bandwidth of 52 kHz to 1.9 GHz, average input referred noise of 1.93 pA/√Hz, and transimpedance gain of 80 db while dissipating 12 mW from a 1.5 V power supply, including the output buffer.

Last edited: