how can i control multiple servos wirelessly from pic?

rocker123uk

Joined Dec 6, 2015
Hi All,

so i am working on a project were 5 flex sensors control 5 servos independently (Robot hand). as you can imagine there is a lot of wires running around and the whole thing looks messy. I would like to ask if any one can suggest a good transmitter reciever module for this whole thing to work wirelessly?
I am using pic16f877a on Mikroelectronika board.

Thanks in advance

Aswinth

Joined Nov 1, 2016
Hi rocker,
Yes building a Robotic hand would definitely make you look like a wire monkey, so you have to come up with a way to make it look neat.
I believe you have used two different PIC MCU, one for the sensor part and the other for the servo part. Now, the best way to send data between those two is by normal communication protocols like USART,SPI, I2C etc... The reason is that wireless communication might suffer from data loss and confuse you a bit in the beginning. These communication lines will just be a 2-4 wires and will lot make a mess.

Once you build your project and it works expected, you can upgrade it to be wireless. The easiest way is to interface with Bluetooth. You can also control the phone from mobile devices as an additional advantage. I have made a tutorial on how to interface blueetooth module with PIC (given below).
https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/bluetooth-interfacing-with-pic-microcontroller

Interfacing one Bluetooth module with another is a bit tricky part. But once you understand the above program it will be just a matter of time