How can I connect a 555 timer to +5volt/0V rail for monostable operation

BrightBrown

Joined Nov 15, 2020
How can I connect a 555 timer to +5volt/0V rail for monostable operation to produce a timed output of 30sec ,with a graph of the output signal.
I have been trying to do the connection but not getting through

Last edited by a moderator:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
When the output of the NE555 switches states it can draw a lot of current for a short time because the transistors overlap. There is a chance that this current spike will cause a voltage drop that changes the state of the latch inside the NE555, so a capacitor from pin 8 to pin 1 is recommended. .01 to 0.1 ceramic should do the job.

Since the circuit looks ok this may be a good time to post a photo -don't be shy. Its a circuit, not a work of art :)

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
If you want to get the output 5V from 555 that the positive Vcc powered by 5V then you have to use CMOS 555 like as LMC555, TS555, etc.,

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
What current does your load 'device' draw? It shouldn't exceed the rated output current of the 555 (whichever version you use).

BrightBrown

Joined Nov 15, 2020
When the output of the NE555 switches states it can draw a lot of current for a short time because the transistors overlap. There is a chance that this current spike will cause a voltage drop that changes the state of the latch inside the NE555, so a capacitor from pin 8 to pin 1 is recommended. .01 to 0.1 ceramic should do the job.

Since the circuit looks ok this may be a good time to post a photo -don't be shy. Its a circuit, not a work of art :)
Thanks so much