How Can Design an interface for 8085 MP

xxandroidx

Joined Dec 18, 2012
Hi All

I need to Design an interface for 8085 MP, the design should contain an analog to digital converter and memory unit 1 KB × 8 which is created from 512×8 RAM?

Thanks for Help me

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
So, you have to find the datasheets for 8085 and adc and SRAM 512x 8 bits, and the data buffer, address buffer, you may need the decoder or some logic ICs and drawing a block diagram and the details circuit.

xxandroidx

Joined Dec 18, 2012
So, you have to find the datasheets for 8085 and adc and SRAM 512x 8 bits, and the data buffer, address buffer, you may need the decoder or some logic ICs and drawing a block diagram and the details circuit.
yes I have datasheets for all of them but I forget Calculation for this design and I didn't found it in the datasheets.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Google:
MCS-85 User's Manual - you should have this already. It shows basic hookups and has detailed descriptions of the bus.
SDK-85 User's Manual - The SDK-85 was an evaluation kit. The manual has full schematics, board layouts, a listing for the firmware monitor/loader and more.
That should get you started.

For the ADC, you'll have to be more specific about the chip and the interface it uses i.e. serial SPI, I2C, parallel I/O mapped, memory mapped, I/O port driven etc.

Good luck.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
One step at a time.
  1. Do you understand how the 8085 processor runs a bus cycle to read and write from a memory device and an I/O device?
If the answer is yes, please describe the process to me.