How Auto Hammer works?

electron_prince

Joined Sep 19, 2012
If you don't know about Auto Hammer then please check this video below

I am in India and here nobody has ever seen any product like that, at least not in small towns. So I am sure everybody will be very excited if I make that product. However since nobody knows about it so nobody sells it either, so I can't buy it and I can't break it open to see it's internal parts. So I need help of someone who knows, that how this thing works.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
If you don't know about Auto Hammer then please check this video below

I am in India and here nobody has ever seen any product like that, at least not in small towns. So I am sure everybody will be very excited if I make that product. However since nobody knows about it so nobody sells it either, so I can't buy it and I can't break it open to see it's internal parts. So I need help of someone who knows, that how this thing works.
To my eye it's just a solenoid-based vibrator like they used to use in vibrating chairs and such. Hand-held engravers, dildos, all sorts of things use these.

I think you'll have a hard time getting costs low enough to compete with traditional hammers. I would be surprised if this is more than a niche product for Ryobi.

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
To my eye it's just a solenoid-based vibrator like they used to use in vibrating chairs and such. Hand-held engravers, dildos, all sorts of things use these.

I think you'll have a hard time getting costs low enough to compete with traditional hammers. I would be surprised if this is more than a niche product for Ryobi.
Dildos!

Are you sure? :)

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Well, if I had to build a wood deck, I sure and heck would buy one.
Using a regular hammer for such a large job is a royal pain. :eek:
Ah yes, but that’s why there nail guns. I’m not sure driving hundreds of nails with that Ryobi thing would feel so great either.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Most viable hand power tools were invented 50 or more years ago.

Most of these things don't stand the test of time, they are either designed to eat expensive consumables, (proprietary bits and blades) or just don't work well enough to justify their existence.

Just stick to the pneumatic air guns that rule the day.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Wouldn't it just be easier/smarter,etc... to find a place to buy them and then sell them? If you have access to this forum/youtube,etc... then you can buy them..
Become the "Traveling Auto hammer Prince"

The answer is yes just in case you weren't sure..

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
I agree with @mcgyvr, without some very talented friends in very key places, it's going to cost you a whole lot of money to create a finished product like that. And time. Business wise, I think you're much better off trying to source some unbranded copies of this tool (try Alibaba), or buy these and rebrand them yourself if you can get them cheap enough, then sell those.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I agree with @mcgyvr, without some very talented friends in very key places, it's going to cost you a whole lot of money to create a finished product like that. And time. Business wise, I think you're much better off trying to source some unbranded copies of this tool (try Alibaba), or buy these and rebrand them yourself if you can get them cheap enough, then sell those.
I agree with both of you, except that the TS said he lives in India. Last time I did business there, there were massive tariffs on imports to support local manufacturers. The TS might be able to make a buck with that tilted playing field. But I'd figure out whether there's a market, what the price needs to be, etc., before I worried too much about designing the product. Basic marketing study.

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
Tools like this are made for driving nails in places where it is difficult to swing a hammer and pneumatic nailers are either too bit to fit, don't drive the right type of nail or the nail has to go through a small hole in a metal piece such as a joist hanger. They are an electric alternative to a pneumatic palm nailer. They may be better suited to finishing work than palm nailers, which are inclined to dent the surface.

I was rather amazed to find that a Ryobi battery operated 18 gauge brad nailer is actually a pneumatic nailer with a little air compressor built in. But then my pneumatic stapler actually drives the staples with a spring.