How are the pins on a Tube represented on a schematic?

Patrick Molden

Joined Aug 15, 2017
All of these schematics using some sort of tube show the tube without pin numbers. I have googled but not found anything on it? I tried wiring the tube in relation to the heater, which seems logical since those are the only pins i can know for sure. Can anyone help me? Ive attached a simple schematic it uses Two tubes. (But it shows 4?) Im very confused.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Small point:

The symbol below is a wiring diagram symbol. It tells nothing about the function of the component nor the significance of any input or output to the device.

upload_2017-9-9_14-39-45.png

The symbol below is a schematic diagram symbol. The function of each pin can be understood from the symbol and the functioning of the circuit can be surmised by viewing the symbol in the context of the circuit.
upload_2017-9-9_14-41-15.png
When it comes time to communicate your circuits to others, people will understand your circuits far more easily if you use classic, and in some cases standard symbols. (Please :))

Attachments

Patrick Molden

Joined Aug 15, 2017
When it comes time to communicate your circuits to others, people will understand your circuits far more easily if you use classic, and in some cases standard symbols. (Please :))
Im very very new. I work on cars for a living, electronics is kind of like putting a motor together i really like it. I just dont speak the language yet im tryin.
Could you tell me if the way i wired everything matched the original schematic? (The one CamaroZ28 posted) Or am i completely off. the tube is 12ax7a Sylvania.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
With practice you will become adept at the language.

Please post a link to the schematic. If you already did so, I was unable to spot it.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Writing as moderator: This thread will be confusing to some because you reappeared with a new ID. This forum does not allow the use of two IDs. Is it the Patrick Molden account that you want to keep active?

Writing with my moderator's hat removed:

Maybe this is the key to your puzzle:

You might have seen the datasheet that @ericgibbs provided in post #6 (schematic symbol from that document produced below). That shows the pin numbers for the elements of the 12AX7, which is a dual triode -two components in one glass envelope (so the schematic you posted needs two 12AX7's for the four stages of amplification).

Also shown below is the bottom view of the pins of the 12AX7. You count the pins with #1 on the clockwise side of the gap and count clockwise the rest of the way around the tube base as viewed from the bottom.
upload_2017-9-10_13-11-15.png upload_2017-9-10_13-11-23.png

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Writing as moderator: This thread will be confusing to some because you reappeared with a new ID. This forum does not allow the use of two IDs.
I think Patrick just didn't know how to down load the pictures from his phone so he could upload them as Patrick. He probably created CamaroZ28 just so he could upload the picture(s).