horizon ct 5.0 treadmill (AKA T91)

justthgoodstuff

Joined Apr 4, 2016
I have a treadmill that requires a bit of love and I'm hoping I can enlist you fine people in helping.

Symptoms: Treadmill does not fully power on. The orange back-light is on but no text / sound from the console. Buttons on console does not respond

Troubleshooting Done: Unplugged for several days and crossed fingers. Plugged into alternate wall outlet (no extension, different circuit). Disassembled and unplugged / plugged all wires in upper and lower control boards. Confirmed that wires are not pinched. Confirmed 120 volts AC at connection to lower control board. Unable to confirm 5 volt DC on upper control board (see picture). Checked for voltage between all wires in upper control board cable and found nothing. No visible sign of damage on on the control boards.

I called horizon and they're suggesting the upper control board needs replacing however I'd like more proof before spending $165 on a well used treadmill.

please advise on next steps.. Any help would be greatly appreciatedIMG_0459.JPG IMG_0452.JPG IMG_0450.JPG IMG_0458.JPG IMG_0462.JPG

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I would scrap it and buy a different brand next time. I'm not sure if Horizon (Dick's sporting goods) is the dominant brand and, therefore, the most common brand people post here needing repairs but, there are sure a lot of posts about horizon treadmills.

justthgoodstuff

Joined Apr 4, 2016
I would scrap it and buy a different brand next time. I'm not sure if Horizon (Dick's sporting goods) is the dominant brand and, therefore, the most common brand people post here needing repairs but, there are sure a lot of posts about horizon treadmills.
Lesson learned for sure. Just seeing if I can salvage it.

IamJatinah

Joined Oct 22, 2014
Hi There,

If you haven't tossed it out...dont....I can help you

I designed motor controllers for them for years.....I may know whats up with that console and upper board ... safety key missing will stall this board at times...tiny 32khz crystal (watch style) can take a dump, and I may have a board around here ;o)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hi There,

If you haven't tossed it out...dont....I can help you

I designed motor controllers for them for years.....I may know whats up with that console and upper board ... safety key missing will stall this board at times...tiny 32khz crystal (watch style) can take a dump, and I may have a board around here ;o)

Ah, a new valuable member! There are plenty of questions about Horizon Treadmills. Seems to be about 1 per month. Stay tuned.