Home light switch add wireless receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
i have 2 light switch on my stairs 1 up-stairs and 1 down-stairs that turn the same light bulb on and off , if i switch off up-stairs , i can turn it on from down-stairs
am from uk so most of you may be fimilair with the voltage drawing from the wires.

i may need to provide snapshot of the wireing so u can se it.

it would have been easy if the socket had 2 wires behind it but it has more maybe 4 or 5 so i was wondering how can i connect my 12v receiver to it

if i connect this 12v to the + wire of the socket wil it blow this up ?

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
What will happen if you connect a device that is intended to run on 12V to a 240V supply?

Perhaps you should stay away from electricity until you know answer to this question.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
if i connect this 12v to the + wire of the socket wil it blow this up ?
Possibly. Or it might simply catch fire and burn your house down. Or it could electrocute you, or someone else. Whatever it does, it's extremely likely to be unpleasant.

What will happen if you connect a device that is intended to run on 12V to a 240V supply? Perhaps you should stay away from electricity until you know answer to this question.
Even better, stay away from it, period.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
To summarize, mains wiring in one area of electricity that I leave to the professionals, even thought I think I understand it. I recommend that anybody who does not understand the AC mains and how to deal with it not attempt mess with it. It is just too dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.