Holding “start” with no power reset?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
@killivolt,

I saw your post on the “LG Washing Machine PCB EBR-365251-41 getting power not running” thread, below:
Try a reset, unplug the machine after you turn it off, then press and hold the start/pause for 5 seconds plug it back in and see if it works.
I didn’t want to hijack that thread, but wanted to ask a question.

I had an in warranty AC unit that was misfunctioning, and their support told me the exact same thing.

So what does this do? There’s no power so all I can think of is some capacitor in the controller circuit is being discharged. But what does this do?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I don't know if it applies in this case, but I understand some devices can be factory-reset by holding down a particular button during power-up, and 'button-down' is the first thing the MCU checks for.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
@killivolt,

I saw your post on the “LG Washing Machine PCB EBR-365251-41 getting power not running” thread, below:

I didn’t want to hijack that thread, but wanted to ask a question.

I had an in warranty AC unit that was misfunctioning, and their support told me the exact same thing.

So what does this do? There’s no power so all I can think of is some capacitor in the controller circuit is being discharged. But what does this do?
Could be that it has a battery and eprom, maybe they meant to hold it down while plugging the unit back in?

https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/le-error-code-CT10000012-1337701712239

kv

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I don't know if it applies in this case, but I understand some devices can be factory-reset by holding down a particular button during power-up, and 'button-down' is the first thing the MCU checks for.
This is definitely a sequence of power down (removing plug from wall), depress start/reset and release and then power on.