High Frequency Variable Duty Cycle PWM Generator

Firenze02

Joined Sep 1, 2018
Hi,

I'm trying to design a simple circuit able to produce a PWM signal (0-5V) with a variable Duty Cycle controllable through an input voltage between (0-5V).

The frequency can be fixed, but it should be higher than 250kHz.

Do you know ICs that produces PWM signal from an input voltage in this frequency range?

This PWM signal will be used as input of a MOSFET driver.

Thank you.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
250khz requires a boat-load of special design considerations for that FET,
how did You arrive at this Frequency ?

Normally Frequencies this high are only used in a self-contained Chip.

Is this a Classroom Assignment ?

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
You also need to say how many bit resolution you require of the PWM controller. If you want 8 bit resolution you would require a clock frequency of 64 Mhz.

Les.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
I have a box of "TimerBlox" parts that do interesting time/frequency/voltage/resistance functions. This is close to what you want. Input voltage is 0-1V but with a voltage divider you can get 0-5V. It will run on a 5V supply and that will give you the 5V output.
"
1637777247751.png

Firenze02

Joined Sep 1, 2018
I have a box of "TimerBlox" parts that do interesting time/frequency/voltage/resistance functions. This is close to what you want. Input voltage is 0-1V but with a voltage divider you can get 0-5V. It will run on a 5V supply and that will give you the 5V output.
"
View attachment 253400
Dear Ronsimpson,

This IC looks great for my application. This can be useful to generate one PWM signal. Thank you.