High energy surge power sources

RogueRose

Joined Oct 10, 2014
As per my other posts, I have been looking at various ways to create short bursts of energy and I keep coming back to caps. Is there any way to use mains power for this, like drawing from 240, 480v (2 or 3 phase)?

Are there any other ways to generate high energy pulses that can be obtained from a cap?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
As per my other posts, I have been looking at various ways to create short bursts of energy and I keep coming back to caps. Is there any way to use mains power for this, like drawing from 240, 480v (2 or 3 phase)?

Are there any other ways to generate high energy pulses that can be obtained from a cap?
High intensity electric/electromagnetic pulse sources are most readily realized via reactor 'discharge' schemes... Common examples being: capacitve discharge (via, for instance, 'exploding wire'/arc-flash techniques) or, alternatively, so-called 'precipitous edge' inductive surge generators --- FWIW intuitive apprehension of the unique suitability of reactors in this regard may be 'gleaned' via consideration of the analogy of electrical reactance to (kinetic) elasticity:)...

Please be advised that 'specificity of response' is in direct proportion that that of inquiry:cool::cool::cool:

Hope to have been of assistance
Best regards
HP:)

Last edited: